[Urgent] How much power does a hard drive need?

Alright, thanks (I'm having isssues - apparently, the new disk was just enough to make the computer reset itself occasionally for no particular reason).

Alright, thanks (I'm having isssues - apparently, the new disk was just enough to make the computer reset itself occasionally for no particular reason).

Did you try connecting it to a different cable?

Yep, though it wouldn't make a difference - the system isn't booted from that HD, nor is it used at all when the restart happens. In any case, my theory has changed - the new one is that the new memory is causing the problem (I had 2x512 and wanted another gig; however, I mistakenly figured the board had 4 slots, while it has 3, so they put in a 1x1GB module in the last slot... and now I hear that might be what's causing the restarts).

Yep, though it wouldn't make a difference - the system isn't booted from that HD, nor is it used at all when the restart happens. In any case, my theory has changed - the new one is that the new memory is causing the problem (I had 2x512 and wanted another gig; however, I mistakenly figured the board had 4 slots, while it has 3, so they put in a 1x1GB module in the last slot... and now I hear that might be what's causing the restarts).

Yup, that sounds more likely.

I did the samething on my computer and it worked, but in the past I have indeed encountered this problem. The problem I have today is that the first two slots aren't usable anymore, not even after cleaning with that pressured air. Since there's a new pc comming (probadly end of february), I don't mind it that much. Gothic 3 and the witcher can waite.

gogo Bart! getting mine too... though it's not as uber as yours it will suffice :D

Back
Top Bottom