Gothic 3 Patches

Cryshal

Traveler
If I patch with the most recent patch, will I need earlier patching first?

I just picked up my game yesterday, and really hate to lose all that time I put into it. How necessary are the patches?

No you will not, from what I understand patch 1.09 contains all prior fixes. Just incase you live in the US and managed to pick up a copy early the US version will have all available patches already applied.

Thanks. I picked my copy up on the day it was released in US.

We still need confirmation the US version includes patch 1.09. It went gold between 1.08 and 1.09.

I can't find anything in-game that indicates a version number.

There are also reported problems caused by installing 1.09 so at the very most my suggestion is just patch it with 1.08 and your good to go.
Just keep backups of your Saves as you always should, somewhere in case something goes wrong as it's always possible. :)

You've got your hands on it? What are your first impressions? Hurry hurry, i've a tingling in my loins :biggrin:

Unlike many, I have been very successful just installing and playing - I've not had to tweak a thing. It is very much Gothic, in my opinion. It is too early for me to say much - I'm only level 7 and haven't played that far yet.

You really think it feels like Gothic? I thought it felt less like Gothic than the older 3 games.

You really think it feels like Gothic? I thought it felt less like Gothic than the older 3 games.

Perhaps, but I still felt 'at home' with all of the quirky stuff ...

3 games? ...huh?

I assume that is G1, G2, NotR ... and of course, it would still not really work since #1 can't be like or unlike Gothic ... since it was. #2 and the expansion could be gothic-like or unlike, but in effect redefined what it meant to be gothic-like.

They count differently in Germany I believe!! :biggrin:

Hey, is it my problem if you guys don´t know how to count in a clever way?:biggrin:

US version is showing as 1.8.25817

Im playing on an ATI 9550 (unsupported from what I can tell), and I managed to make it through the opening fight scene. Choppy as hell though :) Time to find some .ini tweaks

Should be getting a new card for Christmas, so then Ill be able to enjoy it for sure

So any news about the next patch ?

I was hoping we would get something today
based on the assumption that today is the official
release date for NA (or am I wrong ? )...

So any news about the next patch ?

I was hoping we would get something today
based on the assumption that today is the official
release date for NA (or am I wrong ? )...

That *was* going to be ... but they moved it to the 13th, so we got it last week (in store 15th)

Ah, that explains the 1.09 "minipatch" then. Guess they'll take their time
for the next one it seems. Bummer...

Back
Top Bottom