Risen 3: Titan Lords - Trailer & Pre-order

I pre-ordered Risen 2, it was one of the last games I pre-ordered. (bar KS) It was very expensive, buggy and overall disappointing. I've learnt my lesson, I now read reviews first and wait for steam sales. I recall pre-ordering Skyrim to, within one month it was on sale for 2/3rds of the price… Nope I'll wait in future. Daniel.

I practice waiting too. My view is, 'a game's not old if you never played it.' That works most of the time.

But I keep a healthy back log of games so that when new one's come out, with few exceptions, I have the patience of a saint and can wait for inevitable patches and price drops.

I did buy Skyrim on release and had to learn the lesson yet again. But I've been good since then.

I'm playing Geneforge at the moment, never played it before and got it on a sale, it's damn good! :)

Daniel.

Couch, it's not off topic. We want Gothic 5 and they know it. But gave Risen 3.

they can't give you gothic 5, its not their franchise anymore, even though they are the developers. the previous publishers owns the right, Jowood.
gothic 4 was a fair game btw, not a gothic game, but a fair and fun RPG, however linear it was.

they can't give you gothic 5, its not their franchise anymore, even though they are the developers. the previous publishers owns the right, Jowood.
gothic 4 was a fair game btw, not a gothic game, but a fair and fun RPG, however linear it was.

Excuse me, but you should really check your facts. PB has held the rights to the Gothic universe since late 2011 (after G4 was released). Björn Pankratz confirmed this in an interview with GameBanshee http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/106945-risen-2-dark-waters-interview/page-2.html.

Whether or not I pre-order is going to depend on the bonus that's offered. I'm not real big on pre-ordering games, but Piranha Bytes has never disappointed me.

As far as a Gothic is concerned… they need to make Gothic 4 first. :)

I don't think it would be wise for PB to produce Gothic 4 or 5, as they have quite a high 'energy barrier' to overcome in the form of the previous Gothic games.

So unless they are confident enough and have the resources to match and improve on the Gothics quality, they should stick to the name Risen.

In either case, it does not matter as it is just a name and Risen is indeed Gothics under a new and a different banner (without the fans' Gothics expectations).

Ovenall, I can only wish Diego, Gorn and Milten were there, but sadly, they won't be.

ovf72dd5bn5z.jpg

Turian two things.
Thanks for the correction.
And respect for the sig!

It doesn't look very pirate-y... Which is good in my book.

Does anyone know whether this'll be pirate themed again? Or are they moving back to the first Risen again?

Risen 3 will feature a medieval setting (source).

The CGI trailer did nothing for me. Honestly, I don't even get the point. I did like the looks of the game in the background of the interview though. Anyway, I'll pre-order this without a doubt, as I've enjoyed every PB game so far.

One of the most superfluous trailers in recent memory - but there's no way I'm not getting a PB game at this point.

Excuse me, but you should really check your facts. PB has held the rights to the Gothic universe since late 2011 (after G4 was released). Björn Pankratz confirmed this in an interview with GameBanshee http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/106945-risen-2-dark-waters-interview/page-2.html.

Yikes, I stand corrected! I thought that was the whole deal with gothic 3, that they wanted to finish it properly but the rights were JW.

it is very good to know! although :

as they have quite a high 'energy barrier' to overcome in the form of the previous Gothic games.

I tend to agree with that statement.

...as they have quite a high 'energy barrier' to overcome in the form of the previous Gothic games.

Well, you can take 'the glass is half full' approach and say that they have a great blueprint on file to use as a guide.

Jenny from Piranha Bytes wrote this on WoR site:
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...anha-Bytes?p=22724552&viewfull=1#post22724552

Hello everyone,
after reading a few threads i want to explain you how we deal with your criticism. I answered this question before in a german thread and now i try to say it in english.

After the release of Risen 2 there have been a lot of threads about the topic "That is good and that's crap." There were many different wishes and sometimes it became a little bit confusing. So we have created a list to evaluate what is really important to you and what is possibly just wanted by individuals. Then we have counted how often a feature was mentioned to prioritize them. For example : dragons are favoured by one and swimming by 20.

So we had a list of features that were obviously important to you and then we evaluated what is feasible and what is not. So if 3 smaller features were easier to realize than 1 large, we rather decided to choose the three little ones.

Furthermore we have to consider that different features bind different staff and working hours. We are very proud that many things could be realized with Risen 3. Many of the features have been revealed yet like swimming, more different locations, a more gritty story, magic, looting and much more. I sadly can't tell you all of them now but we hope you'll be pleased and will like the result.
Now we look forward to the role play convention in may. You will get more information about our game soon.

Nighty night everyone!
While I hope she saw me writing "That is good and making DLC is crap", the convention will happen soon which means more news, more pics and possibly a longer trailer, not just a teaser. ;)

Oh and a light spoiler she wrote in one of previous threads about vice:
To 1. Of course theres enough alcohol with different effects. Alcohol is the elixir for the player and there are quests about alcohol, too. Some of them are quite funny i think. I don't know something about smoking in the game.

It's great to hear that swimming is finally back. I hope it's put to good use.

I'm still not sold on the idea of a new protagonist though...

They really don't make a good PR…

On the official forum, and only on german part, 6 new screenshots got revealed.
What does that mean? You need to register to see them! :pout:
http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/s...r-Role-Play-Convention-2014-in-Köln-TEIL-EINS
http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/s...r-Role-Play-Convention-2014-in-Köln-TEIL-ZWEI

Luckily I'm registered there for ages now…

While IMO those look very nice, there is that certain odd thing… The hero is bald! I don't remember that was mentioned anywhere before. And I can't say hero was bald in the teaser...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Doesn't look at all like the same character I saw in some brief video footage. Maybe we get to customize the hero this time?

If not, I certainly hope that's just a placeholder. :)

Back
Top Bottom