|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

Default RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

October 27th, 2006, 00:18
Great we both fixed it….. I can undo mine now

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 29th, 2006, 02:23
I have a request to help out us older…..ummm…..less visually acute. Can you offer a visual theme similar to the old site? The dark background and light text is easier for me to read……especially since I tend to read tons of threads lol. I have a rather large LCD and the light from it on this theme is giving me sunburn. Oh, and I AM using the "dark" theme(which is'nt.)

Also on the main RPGWATCH forum, a view new posts thingy would be nice. The option is available in forum tools once you are inside a sub-forum, but would be handy from the main forum index.

Uriziel

Watchdog

October 29th, 2006, 02:36
*scratches head*

Uh.. are you saying you are using the dark color scheme, but it isn't dark? Or not dark enough? Or is it too dark and you want something "medium"?

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

October 29th, 2006, 02:18
The text field area is the same. The only thing that changed was the color of the border

Uriziel

Watchdog

October 29th, 2006, 09:05
When the tab reads 'dark', you're using the light scheme, and vice versa. If you want it dark, you need to press the 'dark' tab, afterwards it reads 'light'.
The default setting doesn't have dark or light tabs, it's always light. To get a dark and light variant, you need to use the Lapis Watch or Amber Watch schemes.

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

Default Is there a 'timeout' applied after logging in?

October 29th, 2006, 11:12
After logging in, i read the topics then if i post a reply, say after about 5 minutes, an error screen pops-up (not logged in) then i have to re log-in. This happens every day i try.
If i copy text and paste right away as i log-in then all is o.k - surely as long as i am logged in i should be able to post comments without having to 're log-in'.

I have the remove all cookies on exit function enabled in firefox, does this matter?

Wulf

Inquisitor

October 29th, 2006, 11:17
I'd think that sounds like a plausible reason. I've never had to re-log in!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

October 29th, 2006, 11:33
Thanks Corwin,

i've altered the settings and will test over the next few days.

PS: i've just found that remembering the cookies also loads with the last preferred chosen colour scheme!!…now its on dark amber watch every time, i should have known..

Wulf

Inquisitor

Lightbulb 

October 29th, 2006, 12:06

Me want cookies.
RPGWatch looove cookies.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

October 29th, 2006, 20:40
Yes, cookie control is very important, i must try harder to tolerate them.

Wulf

Inquisitor

October 30th, 2006, 01:33
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
When the tab reads 'dark', you're using the light scheme, and vice versa. If you want it dark, you need to press the 'dark' tab, afterwards it reads 'light'.
The default setting doesn't have dark or light tabs, it's always light. To get a dark and light variant, you need to use the Lapis Watch or Amber Watch schemes.
Thanks Jaz. I click "dark" and now it is BTW, Lapis dark does'nt display properly using Opera, but Amber dark(sounds like a beer ) is fine. I can't explain how Lapis dark displays on Opera, you'll just have to see for yourself.

Chris: Dad, what's the blow-hole for?

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.

Uriziel

Watchdog

October 30th, 2006, 14:42
Originally Posted by Uriziel View Post
BTW, Lapis dark does'nt display properly using Opera, but Amber dark(sounds like a beer ) is fine. I can't explain how Lapis dark displays on Opera, you'll just have to see for yourself.
I'm doing so now and everything looks fine (Opera 9.02). Lapis and Amber should only be different colors, really, nothing else. Are you using an older version? Or maybe try to shift-click the reload button, in case some wrong data has been cached.

Could you at least try to explain what's wrong with Lapis dark?

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

October 31st, 2006, 03:19

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.

Uriziel

Watchdog

October 31st, 2006, 03:21
[img=http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7287/lapiswatchdark2pf8.th.jpg]

In this one the "dark" toggle button is gone

Using the lastest Opera btw.

Uriziel

Watchdog

October 31st, 2006, 03:26
Dam, now this is odd. After editting the last link, everything is displaying normally. I was using Lapis to post both links and nothing changed. As soon as I edited the second link, it works fine…WTF?

Uriziel

Watchdog

November 2nd, 2006, 20:33
I doubt this is a site issue, but I've noticed something strange. When I first visited this site the first thing I noticed was that everything was really huge. For example, this "Quick Reply" window is taking up about half of my LCD widescreen 24" screen. Most awkward of all is the initial home page (the newsbits or "ALL NEWS" section). Here I have to scroll horizontally almost three full windows (default size - not maximized) just to view the third column. I'll take screenshots with the window at its default size and at its maximized size so perhaps someone can offer me some assistance. At first I thought this awkwardness was just because the site was still very new and I fully anticipated that it'd be fixed up shortly, but just yesterday I viewed the site from a computer in the computer cluster on campus and it all looked nice and smooth and attractive. Anyway, this is when I realized the problem must be somewhere in my personal settings or elsewhere on my end. To clarify, all other sites I visit on this computer appear just fine. RPGDot for example, appears as it is supposed to appear. It seems to be only this site that looks different than it's supposed to be. This may be irrelevant, but I should also mention that I notice some zoom features on the front page. I've tried both "small zoom" and "larger zoom" under "HELP." Neither of these fix the problem, but the larger soom seems to make it worse. I'll see if I can't post those screenshots now…

Default Browser Size:

Maximized Browser Size:

I hope this helps and I apologize for taking up so much space. Thanks!

Add me to your friends list on Steam! My name there is: [GoE]SirDeity
Piranha Bytes' Loyal Fan, SirDeity

SirDeity

Watchdog

November 2nd, 2006, 20:39
Here's a couple quick screenshots of this forum thread:

Add me to your friends list on Steam! My name there is: [GoE]SirDeity
Piranha Bytes' Loyal Fan, SirDeity

SirDeity

Watchdog

November 2nd, 2006, 21:18
I donīt see screenshots.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

November 2nd, 2006, 21:19
I see a complete mess.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

November 2nd, 2006, 22:58
Originally Posted by SirDeity View Post
I doubt this is a site issue, but I've noticed something strange. When I first visited this site the first thing I noticed was that everything was really huge. For example, this "Quick Reply" window is taking up about half of my LCD widescreen 24" screen.!
My guess is that you have set the text size to "large" or somesuch in IE, or zoomed in in Opera. Try to set the text size to medium (View -> text size).

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests