Not sure that the title of this thread should be

Well these titles are not needed and I am surprised I didn't loose it after talking to my children last night for over two hours. Making sure nothing happened to than making sure they were not to upset. Then to sit down and just relax and collect my thoughts I log in and those are the titles I see.

Here is the thing, my 12 year came home from the school last night were him and his older brother and bunch of their friends were playing football. The school is 2 minute walk from my home in a very nice area of smaller city.

Great when he comes home and tells us the police will be calling us after making sure they are all right and interview them and will be calling us. YES A FUCKING SEX OFFENDER was there that they took away complete with binoculars. Turns out he was even trying to talk to some of the younger boys and girls.

So those titles are not funny nor needed in any way.

I'm sorry you experienced something unpleasant, but this is a public forum - and it's not an easy job to monitor everything at all times.

If you don't want to risk exposure to something you don't want to see, then you should stay away, really. It's always going to be a risk on the Internet.

That said, I agree that such titles are not appropriate - but I'm sure the moderators are doing the best that they can.

Come now Dart, I have being using the internet before the was the world wide web. I know what I might see all to well. Really hoping monitors here wouldn't have to monitor things like that here. Almost every other place on the net has that sort of crap if people what to post it.

You do know that you're talking about human beings, right?

Did you just enter the world?

Some people entertain themselves by provoking others - and some aren't quite matured. Some are disturbed and in pain - and want others to feel the same way.

The Watch isn't a fortress that's immune to these people, unfortunately.

No amount of asking for it to change will help you if they decide to come here and post.

At least it's very rare around here, so far.

You're frustrated because of a personal situation, and I'm sorry about that. But the world doesn't revolve around you.

Not trying to piss you off, I'm just giving it to you straight. It's the only way I know :)

Come now Dart, I have being using the internet before the was the world wide web. I know what I might see all to well. Really hoping monitors here wouldn't have to monitor things like that here. Almost every other place on the net has that sort of crap if people what to post it.

Aren't you responsible enough to censor material for yourself?

Any society has to have boundaries on what is and is not acceptable and these change over time. Some I agree with (the move from religious intolerance) and some not (social media frenzy based on hearsay and not evidence).

I suppose a crude measure would be what would these posts get if they were subject to Film Classification. After all the posts are available to all. I have not looked at the posts so I don't know (and don't want to know).

I also wonder about the Report Post link and how it works - perhaps I should look and register my opinion.

Self censor works when you have knowledge, experience and critical reasoning. Many of our young have yet to acquire it which leaves adults to provide the guidance.

Just some thoughts after a nice lunch at a Bistro.

I don't think it has anything to do with censorship. We've had this debate before, and there's often a rather naive view that it has something to do with freedom of speech. There's a world of difference between shutting down free speech and setting standards in a community organisation.

I used to manage a bar on weekends, years ago. If someone started shouting about perverts and killing children, I'd have shown him the door, because I didn't want to spend the rest of the evening sweeping up broken glass and filling out a police statement, and I didn't want all the people trying to relax and have a nice time to leave.

If he started shouting, "Free speech! Help! I'm being oppressed!", I'd have pointed out that until such time as I rose to power, and prevented him from standing in the park with a megaphone, or publishing his own blog, his free speech was not in jeopardy.

He just posts the stuff to try and get a rise out of people. If everyone just ignores it he'll most likely get tired of posting it.

I find it all pretty childish but it doesn't bother me I just pass the thread over and move to something interesting.

I find it all pretty childish but it doesn't bother me I just pass the thread over and move to something interesting.

Yeah, my children had fun saying "naughty" things. But they stopped around the age of 5.

pibbur

I think we can all guess what the title of this thread really is.

You guys win. I’ll leave. Chalk up another win for the humorless, close-minded, intolerant, hate-mongers.

It would be nice if people actually looked at the video and saw that it was extremely informative and educational instead of being self-righteous zealots. But, hey, the only reason I post things, and my sole motivation for posting things, according to the all-knowing, mind-reading, and non-judgmental at all people here is to just get a rise out of people.

Have fun brewing in your close-minded incorrect judgements, hate and intolerance. I’m moving the fun-party train to a more liberal and less hateful place. Namely my mouth. There is a party in my mouth and everyone is coming.

can't we just make an 'Unregistered is a horrible person' thread and be done with it?

I agree that the thread titles could have been chosen better, but unrestigered is funny in his own way and harmless on top of that.

He isn't banned here so he still has a place to go to :)

You guys really find this entertaining, and want to encourage it on here?

I have just read his post to this thread again. It really is strange. He accuses us of having "close-minded incorrect judgements, hate and intolerance", "being self-righteous zealots" and "humorless, close-minded, intolerant, hate-mongers. "

It seems to me that the only opinion he respects is his own and everyone who does not agree is … well take you choice of phrase from the above. The shame is that he may have a message that is worth examining but I can't get past the way the message is being presented.

Two footnotes. First, I agree with Ripper that there needs to a standards that we agree on. This is an open forum which means anyone at any age can view without registering. Second, no-one has answered the "entertaining" question.

regards

Back
Top Bottom