|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Default The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

December 27th, 2013, 16:00
Yep, 13 and 14 are thin. Starts to open up some at 15, particularly if we pull Bridge ahead in order to run Wheloon1 at level. There's a good bit at 16 (Bridge, Wheloon2, and Vale flags, with 2 outdoor areas) So the best approach is one that gets us out of XP banking right around the time we get sufficient content. Theoretically, I could do the math and get the correct answer but, with all the possible multipliers running around, that ends up looking quite a bit like work.

As you know, we tend to disintegrate once we hit toon level 18 which usually happens right around flagging for the Shroud and there's a good bit of higher level content that doesn't get run much. I'm hoping to fix that this time around but that means I can't have half the group banked to the ceiling or else too many people lose interest. I'm actually plotting to have us pull off a couple sagas.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

December 27th, 2013, 17:44
Connie, Peter, and me talked about pushing through Eveningstar and maybe eGH as part of the Friday group, actually. We've never made the epics part of the rotation, so if we do that, maybe we can keep the group together. Also, the XP concerns change once we're there, since we don't have different xp requirements.

It's quite probably that we'll be pulling out of needing to bank here at 16 tonight. It's going to be a much smaller gap to cross between the 3rd and 2nd lifers. The Savage Dragon will still likely be knocking on the wall until we hit 20, but that's the facts of life when running a 1st lifer in a group of TRs.

I expect to be a couple ranks into 16 by the end of the night. While we may hit a point where Mirys is behind a level, we shouldn't have to bank unless there's something we absolutely have to hit at bravery streak level. Remember we get full xp on elite at a level above the quest. Druids don't get a whole lot past 17, 18 at most. So I'm not worried about getting some more slots to fit stuff I won't be using in.

We should clear heroic GH saga next week (I'm not certain if we'll get Tor done tonight, or if the raid is part of the saga), which will also help; one of the rewards is a large chunk of xp. That'll help catch Mirys up as well.

*Edit* A quick run into Trial By Fire netted Mirys her level 16. I also did some inventory management, and found my other Rahl's Might for Aneira.

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe
Last edited by azraelck; December 27th, 2013 at 19:04.

azraelck

Me Grimlock

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via MSN to azraelck Send a message via Yahoo to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

December 27th, 2013, 19:06
TOR is part of the saga. Reaver's is not

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg

December 27th, 2013, 21:00
Originally Posted by azraelck View Post
Connie, Peter, and me talked about pushing through Eveningstar and maybe eGH as part of the Friday group, actually. We've never made the epics part of the rotation, so if we do that, maybe we can keep the group together. Also, the XP concerns change once we're there, since we don't have different xp requirements. …
I vote for making the epics part of the rotation. There is some fun stuff up there.

Originally Posted by Peter Stauffenberg View Post
TOR is part of the saga. Reaver's is not
Yeah, but Reaver's is kind of fun … at least the heroic version is … & it's got some nice unique loot. Of course, we need someone who can solve the puzzle at the end …

&, as far as living at the wall … well, I assume that's what I'll be doing for at least a couple of more lives on all my toons …

Aletys

U6P Team

December 27th, 2013, 23:05
Some of us (well me anyway ) have toons up around level 18 who could rotate in or out of the friday group since I've rarely played them since the last group hit 18!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

December 28th, 2013, 00:35
I vote to take the current Friday toons all the way up to the max. We have not run those packs as a full group and it takes a group to run them without wanting to scream….well some of them. We all have others we can run or TR for an alt group if people are mia.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

December 28th, 2013, 00:39
Reywind just sent a message he may be late, or even missing as he's helping his uncle with some renovations.

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

December 28th, 2013, 05:10
We can certainly run Reaver's Fate after Tor when we are a bit above level. It's a pretty fun raid, not being run too often. Since we have 8 regulars we have enough people to run raids on normal.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg

January 3rd, 2014, 18:02
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
It sounded like we were going to have full attendance for tomorrow, surprisingly, so here's the plan:
DQ preraid and raid
Lordsmarch2 parts 3 and 4
-take level 16 (may do this before DQ)
GH flags (unlikely we get this far, but who knows)

The intent is to finish off the night by taking our level.
Largely recycling last week's plan. I dropped the epic run to make sure we get thru to levelling. I also moved the DQ run forward since that will entail the whole group being in the same place at the same time and it makes it less likely we've got half the crew sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

Good chance that Fairythief makes her triumphant return to DDO this weekend. She wants to run an arcane archer, so I'm going to put together a WF arty to trap monkey for her. No gear first lifers FTW! We'll see how my crappy internet likes two DDO connections running at the same time. I'm debating whether to hook her up as a VIP. It's certainly the way to go if she's going to stick with the game, but I don't know if a long-term commitment is wise—she'll be starting driver's ed in a couple months.

Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

January 3rd, 2014, 23:15
I've run 2 DDO connections several times with no hassles at all, so it shouldn't be a problem. I even did it last year when I was in Canada on their mediocre system!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

January 4th, 2014, 16:41
Originally Posted by Aletys View Post
I vote for making the epics part of the rotation. There is some fun stuff up there.

Yeah, but Reaver's is kind of fun … at least the heroic version is … & it's got some nice unique loot. Of course, we need someone who can solve the puzzle at the end …

&, as far as living at the wall … well, I assume that's what I'll be doing for at least a couple of more lives on all my toons …
I can easily solve the mastermind puzzle in Reaver. I agree the raid is fun so I propose we try it a bit above level (e. g. hard) just for the fun of it.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

January 7th, 2014, 23:40
I have to work this coming Saturday. I don't mind, since I think my TV has died. At any rate, it will be a short session for me.

azraelck

Me Grimlock

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via MSN to azraelck Send a message via Yahoo to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

January 8th, 2014, 04:11
At this point, my attempts to fix that graphics glitch in the laptop have actually made matters worse. We'll see if I can get it beat into shape prior to Friday. I suppose I could always reclaim the desktop from the Wild Dogs for a while if all else fails.

dteowner

Shoegazer

January 9th, 2014, 03:47
What are we doing on Friday? Crucible before we start on the flagging quests. For the highest saga reward we need to do Crucible, the 3 flagging quests and Gianthold Tor.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

January 9th, 2014, 04:15
To maximize what we get done, since I'm on a short time schedule, we may want to hit the flagging quests first, since they can be completed rather quickly except Madstone, and even that faster than Crucible by far. Tor for completion if we can fit it in. Crucible can be run next week, finishing off GH save the raid (which we will probably do once we're at 17).

Mirys has actually almost nailed a rank with just free daily dice rolls. Wasn't too far when we left off, but still.

azraelck

Me Grimlock

January 9th, 2014, 10:26
I'm always happy NOT to do Crucible!! I actually prefer Coal Chamber and you all know how much I 'love' that!!!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

Default DDO Servers are Down

January 9th, 2014, 14:50
DDO appears to be completely down. Jo & I were on & got kicked off. Forums are also down.

Update:
The LOTRO forums are down as well, so I think they've had another major meltdown.

Aletys

U6P Team

Default DDO is back up

January 9th, 2014, 15:43
They just came up.

Aletys

U6P Team

January 9th, 2014, 18:10
I may have a conflict this week, so y'all might want to give a little thought to a Plan B. I probably won't know for sure until the last minute.

If I manage to play, we'll be working GH, as everyone already knows. Given the time constraints of a few folks, I think it makes sense to knock out the flags and save Crucible for next session. Specifically, we should do Madstone first since that one's nearly impossible to solo. After that, we tackle Prison since that one's tricky to solo. We save Cabal for last since it's not too tough to do. We'll see where we are on time at that point. If we've gotten thru quickly, perhaps we try to do Tor. If we're a little tight on time, it probably makes more sense to pivot to a relaxing Orchard rares-and-exploders run and people can bail out as necessary.

dteowner

Shoegazer

January 9th, 2014, 18:41
My Plan B suggestion: If Dte has not shown yet, run a fast DA. If he gets on a little late we switch back to plan A.
Plan B Part 2: Someone is MIA….We throw up a guild heavy raid of some sorts. Could do a shroud over level. Or any others we won't mind running short-manned. Toss some ideas, majority wins. ORRRR…………we could do a raid with pugs added….I don't mind, but game chat and Skype don't mix well.
Alternately: We split and run epic somethings. I still have a few evening star quests I have never done.

(As you can see, the hour long "what are we doing?" conversation has already started in my head……someone finish it for me will you?)

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread