No, probably not. :)

According to what they say officially, Sweden has agreed to more cooperation around "terrorism", which likely means that Turkish dissidents should leave Sweden before they get extradited :/

Sweden has taken a slight turn towards supporting totalitarianism in the name of a Nato membership. I really, really don't like that. Even if it just is a symbolical agreement, it still gives Erdoğan a symbolic victory to strengthen his rule.

And Nato has agreed to more internal cooperation around terrorism as well. Unknown what that really means.

And Sweden has to try to get Turkey into EU. But that's not gonna happen no matter what Sweden says. At least until Erdoğan leaves power behind and democratic reforms pick up.

Edit:
There might be some things involved from the US as well, maybe? Allowing them to buy F16 had been on the Turkey wishlist for quite a while.
Yes the US has finally supplied the F-16's they promised last year. Though is the deal final for Sweden as Turkey wants EU admission, and that hasn't happened yet?

I find it funny were working with a country that plays both sides and almost as bad as Russia itself. They don't sound like a good ally to me, and the deal sounds hypocritical.

Invicta has made a nice illustrated summary of the Russian defences. They're usually doing their research and being quite accurate, though in this case, I'm wondering if the air component hasn't been neglected. For example, dropping cluster bombs on the lines and on the defender's positions could be devastating and clear the way quite effectively.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb7ORi4Axos

Yes the US has finally supplied the F-16's they promised last year. Though is the deal final for Sweden as Turkey wants EU admission, and that hasn't happened yet?

I find it funny were working with a country that plays both sides and almost as bad as Russia itself. They don't sound like a good ally to me, and the deal sounds hypocritical.
Yeah, it's not finalized yet. Both the Turkish and Hungarian parliaments must vote for it, and Turkey has a summer break now.

In an interview printed in the local newspaper, T.C.Boyle called the russian president "Vlad".

Undergrowth of course impacts war. Just try walking or driving across a wheat field and compare that with a wilder area. That's part of why Finland is so hard to invade for Russia: the entire border is one big coniferous forest.

Undergrowth of course impacts war. Just try walking or driving across a wheat field and compare that with a wilder area. That's part of why Finland is so hard to invade for Russia: the entire border is one big coniferous forest.
They cant just burn it? If the wind goes in their(Russia's) direction even better?

Yeah like that's a surprise....not it was just a matter of time.:biggrin:

Apparently, Prigozhin does like to use body doubles. It's pretty unlikely, but there could be a "neener neener, you missed me!" moment coming.

Apparently, Prigozhin does like to use body doubles. It's pretty unlikely, but there could be a "neener neener, you missed me!" moment coming.
That would be such an interesting thing if it happened. Russia's leadership is one of the biggest crime syndicates in the world and their power struggle has turned public.

Well Russia claims the DNA sample of whats left is Prigozhin.

Then again I'm sure everyone knows not to trust what they officially say.

• Western officials have suggested Ukraine consider peace negotiations with Russia, a report says.
  • US officials fear that Ukraine is running out of troops, while Russia seems to have an endless supply.
  • They are also concerned about continuing to send aid, especially as focus shifts to the Israel-Hamas war.

Yeah, it's not looking good longer term. I doubt Russian recruits are of high caliber, many are likely convicts, but they have a lot of people.

And the US interest was waning even before the Israel - Hamas conflict. The EU needs to step up, but most countries here have a quite weak military, and only started building it up after the invasion. And things like that take a long time.

• The average Ukrainian soldier is 43-years-old, according to Time Magazine.
  • When the war began in February 2022, the average Ukrainian soldier was between 30 and 35 years old.
  • Ukraine is battling mounting manpower problems more than 20 months into the war.

It seems like Ukraine has been abandoned. Russian have won, it seems the rest of the world would rather help Israel. This is totally disastrous for Ukraine. Most of the resources in Ukraine are in the Dunbas region. It is really going to cripple Ukraine.