I guess soon he will change it to xXx since it would be three times better and only allow paid subscribers to use the system. Maybe thread can then inherit the tweetie since it is no longer used by xxx.

Threads isn't doing so good either. Half of the signups have left since it was launched.

And apparently they want to turn twitter into something similar to what we WeChat is in China, namely a general purpose platform for a lot of different activities.
It's gonna be sad that when Twitter sinks like the Vasa . No way can you just retrofit a lot of shit onto a platform that wasn't thought for anything close to that scope.
Or you might be able to, but it's gonna require a boatload of work into reworking certain parts of it.
And them starting with the marketing part of it really puts the cart before the horse. But, it's about what you'd expect from someone like Musk.
At least it contributes to the death of the idea that if you're a billionaire, you're so because you're smart.

Hell no, that would be great! I've been sick of Twitter since the day everyone started using it.
I like twitter, for a bunch of reasons. And I manage to stay out of the scandals and drama.
I just follow a bunch of people that share very interesting information and I love the quick feedback loops of it.
Otherwise I would need to follow a bunch of disparate sources. Twitter is a great aggregator, for all sorts of things.
If you manage to stay away from the cesspools of it.

Well look on the bright side forums might become popular once again as most developer's have shut them down. More likely they will migrate to discord instead.

I can't imagine knowing what Elon Musk is all about and wanting to put your money in his hands.

I have a Bluesky account now, and I'm hoping that unlike the last few times people have claimed they would leave Twitter (for Mastodon, mostly, last time), that it sticks this time. I like the platform, but in the current state it deserves to die.

Well look on the bright side forums might become popular once again as most developer's have shut them down. More likely they will migrate to discord instead.
Discord gives me the forum vibe more than anything else I've seen or used and that's where I mostly am these days.

I like twitter, for a bunch of reasons. And I manage to stay out of the scandals and drama.
I just follow a bunch of people that share very interesting information and I love the quick feedback loops of it.
Otherwise I would need to follow a bunch of disparate sources. Twitter is a great aggregator, for all sorts of things.
If you manage to stay away from the cesspools of it.
I liked it before every wannabe celebrity decided the world needed to know what they were doing 10 times a day.

I hear what you're saying though. It's probably useful for following devs and stuff.

Not just Meta but Microsoft apparently owns the X label as well.

Do you have to have an X-Box to post on X? (Asking for a friend who happens to be a trademark lawyer.)

Even more bad news for non users.
In a conversation with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the billionaire said a payment system was the only way to counter bots.

"We're moving to having a small monthly payment for use of the system," the Tesla and SpaceX boss said.

The BBC approached X for further details but has not yet received a statement from the company. It is unclear whether this was just an off-the-cuff comment, or a signal of firmer plans that have yet to be announced.