Divinity 2 So I ordered Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga...

I put a point into Magic Missiles any time I could. Wall of Fire (forgot to list that one!) and Magic Blast were almost as important. I only put a point into charm when it couldn't charm anyone because of level. When I went up against Stone I believe I was level 29 with Missle and Blast at 11, Charm at 4, and Wall at 6 or 7. Lockpick had been maxxed out by that point at 5.

I only put one point into weapon skills - dual weapon, actually. I wouldn't mind having that point back given that I'm using mace and shield now. (And only very rarely use those.)

I put a point into Magic Missiles any time I could. Wall of Fire (forgot to list that one!) and Magic Blast were almost as important. I only put a point into charm when it couldn't charm anyone because of level. When I went up against Stone I believe I was level 29 with Missle and Blast at 11, Charm at 4, and Wall at 6 or 7. Lockpick had been maxxed out by that point at 5.

I only put one point into weapon skills - dual weapon, actually. I wouldn't mind having that point back given that I'm using mace and shield now. (And only very rarely use those.)

Thanks Zloth for your input. I'm going to try to find some time today to play and respec and give things a try.

Well I have several skills now that are at 10 and THAT is the difference needed to turn these impossible fights into challenging fights that I can win.

Fighter with summon is great too, fight with help of summon and mainly using almost only jump attack is very fun. It seems basic but in fact is a bit more deep than it seems. This mode of fighting slow down a lot the pace of fights because of your almost constant jumping and this gives many opportunity to choose a target, flee with dodging, jump to the mage in back and so on.

I also enjoy a lot the dragon fights, the pace is even slower except few time against very few flying opponents, and after to have practice it more (cleaned towers of Flying Stone Fortress) I find more depth and quite a lot of fun.

This whole Fjord overall part is just amazing, I see that some points could have been cleaner but when you get past the lack of help and guidance and find your way to manage it, then it is hugely fun and quite original for RPG, stunning.

As far as I know they sometimes do, especially NA releases. These are not in huge boxes as 10 and more years ago but in small, dvd case size boxes.

I was just joking around ... sorry. :)

I have heard that Divinty 2 is an ugly game(graphically just so there is no confusion) by 2 people and the only 2 people i showed it to just by looking at it. Something to fix for next time.

Ugly? Seriously? It may not be the very top of the graphical tree but it isn't ugly. Time to get some better friends.

Hahaha. I can see where they are coming from though. The graphics while technically ok are kinda "murky". Going from graphics like WoW to DKS is tough. I woudlnt give DKS a second glance if i wasnt an RPG fan.

EDIT: Perhaps "gritty" graphics is an acquired taste?

Hahaha. I can see where they are coming from though. The graphics while technically ok are kinda "murky". Going from graphics like WoW to DKS is tough. I woudlnt give DKS a second glance if i wasnt an RPG fan.

EDIT: Perhaps "gritty" graphics is an acquired taste?
What do you think is gritty about DKS? I never liked wow's graphic style that much.

I have heard that Divinty 2 is an ugly game(graphically just so there is no confusion) by 2 people and the only 2 people i showed it to just by looking at it. Something to fix for next time.

Yeah, your two people should really fix their taste in graphics. ;)

What do you think is gritty about DKS? I never liked wow's graphic style that much.

It is a bit darker, the graphics seem a little dulled a bit too much to not appear "kiddy" like world of warcraft. But to put it bluntly Divinity 2 doesnt hit you when you look at it like some other games. Graphically it just "looks like another game", nothing seems to imply its awesomeness.

Divinity 2 is actually a really visually unique game. They pulled way more out of Gamebryo than Bethesda ever did, that's for sure. The game looks far better than World of Warcraft, with its super low poly models and overly colourful palette. The character models and enemies may not be stunning in Div2, but the visual aesthetic of the world is fantastic and very consistent.

People who criticize games solely based on graphics are pretty stupid, anyhow. It's like hating a book because the cover isn't a colour scheme you personally appreciate. Similar to what I believe about people who piss and moan about respawning enemies, I think people need to get over themselves and their ridiculously over the top expectations.

edit: Are you serious? The game isn't graphically splashy enough? I bet DS3 is gonna be your favourite game, if that's what you care about. http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2010/229/997430_20100818_screen004.jpg

Divinity 2 is actually a really visually unique game. They pulled way more out of Gamebryo than Bethesda ever did, that's for sure. The game looks far better than World of Warcraft, with its super low poly models and overly colourful palette. The character models and enemies may not be stunning in Div2, but the visual aesthetic of the world is fantastic and very consistent.

People who criticize games solely based on graphics are pretty stupid, anyhow. It's like hating a book because the cover isn't a colour scheme you personally appreciate. Similar to what I believe about people who piss and moan about respawning enemies, I think people need to get over themselves and their ridiculously over the top expectations.

edit: Are you serious? The game isn't graphically splashy enough? I bet DS3 is gonna be your favourite game, if that's what you care about. http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2010/229/997430_20100818_screen004.jpg

Maybe. Have any of you tried to show this game off to others?

I'm wondering what they would like, other than WoW itself? What other games would impress them?

Anyway, if Lovis Tower, the soaring height of Laiken's Tower with debris swirling hundreds of feet in the air, Maxos Temple, Ulfmar's ship stuck in a tree way in the air (etc) don't look interesting, they have rocks in their head. Leave them to WoW and forget about it.

One likes action rpgs like Alpha protocol and adventure games like Pheonix Wright, the other likes blizzard games like Starcraft II.

Relax. No need to get aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom