Witcher 3 - First 15 Minutes @ IGN

So no this game is awesome this time Fluent?:D

I may have to write my first review for the Watch it seems.:thinking:

I don't think it looks pretty, looks kind of soulless to me. The interface and feel of the game reminds me of an open-world action game or something. Maybe like Just Cause 2 or whatever that game is called. And for the record, I'm watching on a 32" 1080p LCD screen in 1080p60.

Sorry but that sounds awful. The video is already blurry and has plenty of compression artifacts. And watching it on a screen that large, that should probably have a 4k resolution, or at least 2k resolution, at 1080p sounds pretty bad. I can't imagine how stretched the image is.

So no this game is awesome this time Fluent?:D

Not at the moment, but it could change. I haven't played the first 2 Witcher games yet, so maybe they are just amazing games that will blow my mind to infinity and beyond. :thinking:

Sorry but that sounds awful. The video is already blurry and has plenty of compression artifacts. And watching it on a screen that large, that should probably have a 4k resolution, or at least 2k resolution, at 1080p sounds pretty bad. I can't imagine how stretched the image is.

The graphical style is pretty generic and underwhelming to me, but you're right, I'm sure the actual game or a higher quality video would look much better. :)

And for the record, I'm watching on a 32" 1080p LCD screen in 1080p60.

That means next to nothing. If the video compression isn't good, and it doesn't seem to be very good in this case, it doesn't matter how you watch it or what kind of screen you have. Also, the larger the screen the worse it's going to look.

The graphic quality in the video is fine with me as graphics don't make a game good. So If I can play Witcher 3 only on its High setting I'm fine with that next month.

Heck I'm having more fun playing Wasteland 2 & Pillars of Eternity right now then most modern RPGs with their more flashy graphics. Who would of thought right?:)

The graphic quality in the video is fine with me as graphics don't make a game good. So If I can play Witcher 3 only on its High setting I'm fine with that next month.

Heck I'm having more fun playing Wasteland 2 & Pillars of Eternity right now then most modern RPGs with their more flashy graphics. Who would of thought right?:)

Oh, I completely agree. I was just commenting on the graphics because that seems to be the first thing everyone raves about when talking about Witcher 3. I would prefer Pillars or Wasteland 2's graphics, myself. Give me isometric any day. :)

I was waiting for the graphics don't matter guy. Today it's you couch.:lol:

Of course in the big picture your right but I have 2 titan X cards that were hoping this game would be game changing when it came to graphics.

Oh well, there is always FPS's.

I was waiting for the graphics don't matter guy. Today it's you couch.:lol:

Of course in the big picture your right but I have 2 titan X cards that were hoping this game would be game changing when it came to graphics.

Oh well, there is always FPS's.

Who said it isn't going to be game changing? TW2 was cutting edge in terms of graphics when that game was released, and I'll be surprised if TW3 doesn't have some heavy duty high-end options for PC users.

It always blows my mind when people criticize the visuals of TW3. I guess I just appreciate anything after having grown up with graphics like this.

I'm pretty anal about visuals and I think TW3 looks amazing in the videos I've seen, and I think all of them have been Xbox One footage.

But, then again, I don't just look at the graphics - I think about what's actually happening on screen and behind the scenes, in terms of interaction sophistication and environment simulation.

With significant experience and those things in mind, the game has blown me away in a purely technical sense.

That said, PR material can be tricky - and they're obviously not going to show anything but the best side of the game to the audience.

So, I haven't exactly decided it's the holy grail just yet. But the potential for greatness is most certainly there.

I also think TW2 is one of the best RPGs in the last decade or so, both technically and as a game.

I also think TW2 is one of the best RPGs in the last decade or so, both technically and as a game.

I played it 3 times, once each playing each side and the third switching sides. I can't think of anything I didn't like in the game, nothing I would have changed. Played the first Witcher twice.

I played it 3 times, once each playing each side and the third switching sides. I can't think of anything I didn't like in the game, nothing I would have changed. Played the first Witcher twice.

I can always think of things I don't like :)

But yeah, it was such a great game.

That said, I think I would have liked it significantly less if I'd played it after watching Game of Thrones.

Because I wasn't familiar with the books when I played it, and at this point - I'm kinda sick of the whole "fantasy politics and power play" scene.

So, I'm hoping for a different kind of theme for the third game.

TW1 takes the crown for me. That game sucked me in, and at that point I fell in love into the RPG genre itself. Not that I am that young, just did not have the chance playing games. My first better PC gear I had is at 2008. Before did not have enough money for it. Had other problems.
TW2 was also good but still, I like TW1 more, it just has a certain vibe to it that I love. No doubt TW2 and now TW3 looks much better. But it's not all about graphics. Sure, it is a good perk to have it in a game, but ultimately it is far more important how the game feels, other than how it looks.
From my POV at least.
Hope we all who like TW series will enjoy the final third installment.
EDIT: Oh yeah! I played TW1 three times and TW2 two times. :)

I think what I've learned here is that I need to play the first Witcher game, at the very least, sometime soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom