Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine Screenshots

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here are two new screenshots for the Blood and Wine expansion of The Witcher 3.

The palace of Beauclair

Toussaint is famous for its wine and vineyards

CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher series of games, have just released the first two screenshots from the upcoming expansion to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- Blood and Wine. The expansion is slated for release in the first half of 2016. The studio has also announced that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has collectively garnered over 300 awards, including a Golden Joystick for Ultimate Game of the Year, and The Game Award for Game of the Year.

“2015 is almost behind us. It’s a great year for open world games and a fantastic time for The Witcher. A year of intense work for the team and a time filled with many personal victories for everyone involved in a project that received more than 300 awards so far (wow!). We overcame so many obstacles to get to this point, and we’ve always done it with gamers rooting for us. It’s your year, too!,” said Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, Game Director, CD PROJEKT RED. “Blood and Wine, the second expansion for The Witcher 3, is on the horizon. It’s a massive new land to explore, visually unlike anything you saw in Wild Hunt or Hearts of Stone, and it too is brimming with stories we want you to discover,” adds Tomaszkiewicz.

Blood and Wine is a 20-hour tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret. Currently, Blood and Wine is available for purchase as part of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pass.
More information.

Nice, the change in architecture makes this look very different but it's also familiar in a way. Looking forward to this.

Toussaint is fairy tail material. It'll indeed be a nice change compared to the pretty dark and gritty regions in the base game.

Looking forward to it! :)

Well those are certainly colourful.

No kidding!

Qbxd_SNhrXrbMk3UUuchX9-0nX3v9IjmueY1-BZnE0mn4DZURg2Y0kKZC5p7NmNk_hfJmw=w1264

Well those are certainly colourful.

Good. As I'm sick of Bloodborne, Fallen Whatnot and Dark Souls as_close_to_blackwhite_as_possible screenshots.

Hahahaha! :biggrin: Most likely a Freudian slip. ;)

Funny enough, Fairy Tail is the name of Japanese anime/manga that often has medieval looking cities with red roofs and mountain range with snow in the background...

I have no problem with the screenshots. Reminds me of medieval France & Italy.:)

I think the more colourful design is just fine. But those images have some seriously over-saturated colour - if a TV showed those images, I'd call the repairman. Hopefully it's just some weird Photoshopping, or some dodgy settings somewhere.

Funny enough, Fairy Tail is the name of Japanese anime/manga that often has medieval looking cities with red roofs and mountain range with snow in the background...
I just hope that this doesn't mean that my Id is into anime/manga. ;)

But are they screen shots or render farm output? They do look purdy.
They call them screenshots so I'll stick with calling the images that.;)

Even though we all know their 3D renders.:)

Last edited:
Looks fantastic! I like a bit of color, too much "dark and gritty" in gaming these days.

This will be the last one.

Back
Top Bottom