What games are you playing now?

You skipped the most important one Fluent will never forget you:
The Last Remnant
:D

Lemme say repeat I hated the game. The biggest problem with it I thought is that the original idea is fresh and great, but it's execution is abyssmal - what could have been a cult classic was turned into yet another annoying grinder.

1. Underrail
2. Wizards & Warriors
3. HoMM III Wake of Gods

Wake of the Gods is awesome. I have sunk so many hours in WOG. Playing Underrail right now and that is a fantastic game. Great list you have there, seems like we play the same kind of games. Wizards and Warriors was a game I also enjoyed. I played it when it came out but there was a game killing bug that screwed me when I was about 75% done and could not continue. Will maybe have to try it again if it ever comes to GOG.

I'm still playing Fallout 4 and I've started alpha/beta-testing Demon's Age.

The Last Remnant

Lemme say repeat I hated the game. The biggest problem with it I thought is that the original idea is fresh and great, but it's execution is abyssmal - what could have been a cult classic was turned into yet another annoying grinder.

I played that when it released. Never finished it. ;)

The Last Remnant

God I loved that game! Lol

What was it about the execution you didn't like? It's one of the few JRPGs I've played through multiple times.

Dunno about him. I finished it. Once.
To this day I can't possibly understand me crawling through all those endless respawns, it's probably the strength of a will and determination to get to it's end.

But if you came today and tortured me on the worst dark age torturing machines I wouldn't touch it again. Ever.

Oh and yeah, it's one of those pisspoor ports where you have to use backspace instead of esc and you may forget using the mouse on the map but have to wasd or arrows (can't even remember now) between locations. On top of that is one of the worst inventories/crafting I've seen in my life (Fablelike).

Well, I did go ahead and buy Trails in the Sky for half off in the Steam sale, so it looks like I've hopped on the JRPG bandwagon that's been rolling through the 'Watch of late.

Boy howdy is this game soothing! But it does make me feel like a bit of a dork when I suddenly realize I've spent an entire evening role-playing as a couple of squeaky-voiced anime teenagers.

Fallout 4 has sort of petered out for me. I want to care more about finishing the story, but I just don't.

Just finished Divinity: Original Sin and it is one of the best games I have ever played. I am happy I waited so I got to enjoy it in it's full glory. Playing Wasteland 2: Directors Cut now and loving it as well. W2 has better mechanics/systems than D:OS but the open world/world design and graphics were better in D:OS. Not sure which will end up being better but I think D:OS will end up slightly on top and will most likely make my top 10 list.

Then I will be on to Shadowrun Hongkong once the mini-campaign is released and Pillars once WM pt2 is out. The next few months are going to be pure gaming nirvana.

I've been playing Sword Coast Legends tonight as part of the free weekend on Steam.

It's not nearly as bad as I expected or as some people claim. It's no Baldur's Gate or IWD by a long shot, but I'm having fun with it. I'll definitely purchase it later when it goes on sale.

I bought it when it came out and played about six hours of it.

I think it is a good game if you don't care that that it isn't a D&D game.

I put it down waiting for a few patches.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong is getting an expansion?

It was a Kickstarter stretch goal (they called it a mini-campaign), free to everyone who backed at $15 level and more.

I bought it when it came out and played about six hours of it.

I think it is a good game if you don't care that that it isn't a D&D game.

I put it down waiting for a few patches.

I wouldn't say it's not a D&D game, I'd just say that it's not a great one. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it as it's already being discounted by 50%. It seems pretty solid though as far as bugs, etc are concerned. I don't anticipate much being changed by any future patches.

It was a Kickstarter stretch goal (they called it a mini-campaign), free to everyone who backed at $15 level and more.

Ah ok. Any idea how much it's going to cost non-backers?

I got Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel today from Amazon and am playing on the PS Vita. Great looking game with a decent plot setup and setting so far. Like the battle system with easily accessible menues and selections.

Also still playing KotOR ... Loving it more than I have in years :)

I think I made a mistake by choosing 'hard' for my playthrough of Legend of HEroes: Trails in the Sky. Game is too hard for me in that setting (either that or I'm missing something).

I think I made a mistake by choosing 'hard' for my playthrough of Legend of HEroes: Trails in the Sky. Game is too hard for me in that setting (either that or I'm missing something).

You must be joking.... the game is super easy in the hard setting... and I know you are good at these kind of games. It must be you have missed something!

How far did you play, what do you find as hard ?

Probably you have misunderstood some part of the system.... you need to always buy the latest gear and equip the best orbments, otherwise it might be a bit challenging, though myself I sometimes kept the old gear and orbments just to make the game a tiny bit challenging.

Well, I did go ahead and buy Trails in the Sky for half off in the Steam sale, so it looks like I've hopped on the JRPG bandwagon that's been rolling through the 'Watch of late.

Boy howdy is this game soothing! But it does make me feel like a bit of a dork when I suddenly realize I've spent an entire evening role-playing as a couple of squeaky-voiced anime teenagers.

Fallout 4 has sort of petered out for me. I want to care more about finishing the story, but I just don't.

Wait a minute.... They are voiced ???? how can I have played so far in the game and never noticed... possibly some bug on my part ?!?

You must be joking…. the game is super easy in the hard setting… and I know you are good at these kind of games. It must be you have missed something!

Probably you have misunderstood some part of the system…. you need to always buy the latest gear and equip the best orbments, otherwise it might be a bit challenging, though myself I sometimes kept the old gear and orbments just to make the game a tiny bit challenging.

Well, I don't grind, like out of principle. So I see the quest to do something and I go and do it, fighting some mobs on the way. I do keep myself stocked with the best equipment I can afford, but perhaps my problem is with updating the orbs. Right now I'm supposed to go through a foggy area for locations of some herb, and the mobs there are all weak to fire, but the fire spell does like 1/5th their health (plus I only have like 40 fire crystals), and they paralyze my people. It's like every fight is a boss fight.

Last edited:
You must be joking…. the game is super easy in the hard setting… and I know you are good at these kind of games. It must be you have missed something!

Probably you have misunderstood some part of the system…. you need to always buy the latest gear and equip the best orbments, otherwise it might be a bit challenging, though myself I sometimes kept the old gear and orbments just to make the game a tiny bit challenging.

I'm with Wolfing on this ... I was surprised replaying that the game felt harder than I remembered. Moved on to Trails of Cold Steel so I am not sure when I'll get back to see what I might have been doing wrong.

Back
Top Bottom