What games are you playing now?

Oh my god!! I'm so sorry this happened to you!

Though I'll take your advice and Joxer's...I'll stay away from it. >.> That's one massive hole in my RPG experience since I haven't played much of it, but...it sounds like a disastrous mess. It's not worth the risk. >.>

Haha, that reminds me of a "fun" incident I had like 15 years ago with a little game called "Mad News", where you managed a newspaper agency.

Anyways: The game's installation made a weird directory. If you went into that directory you landed back on the main drive. So let's say it was C:\MadNews\WeirdDirectory\ and then you saw the contents of C. You could navigate back into the directory, you landed into C:\MadNews\WeirdDirectory\MadNews\WeirdDirectory\
So...when I tried to delete the game, from within the weird directory it accessed my hard drive and started to delete everything on the disk. When I realized that, the damage was already done....fun experience...

Ok.. I guess I'm glad you find the "fun" side of that experience, Kordanor :p

Serious shoddy programming from Obsidian.... completely ruined my weekend. I suppose I can say it made me "clean off" a few games I haven't played in years from my hard drive.... that's as positive as I can get.

Well, given what this week holds, I reinstalled a suite of Star Wars games ...

Playing:
- Jedi Knight II on Mac
- Jedi Knight on PC
- KotOR on iPad.

:)

Oh my god!! I'm so sorry this happened to you!

Though I'll take your advice and Joxer's…I'll stay away from it. >.> That's one massive hole in my RPG experience since I haven't played much of it, but…it sounds like a disastrous mess. It's not worth the risk. >.>
I have the GOG versions now but also have the original boxed copies. Now despite Joxer's dislike for both games, and purpleblob's hard-drive I have never had a problem.

Simply put I have played both NWN 1+2 plus hundreds of mods for many years.:)

I'm sure it won't happen to everyone but I'm just sharing my experience :p And just to be clear, I don't dislike NWN1, in fact I had a blast with HotU and having heaps of fun with lots of mods. I just dislike NWN2 (and most of the other Obsidian games due to issues I've been having). Personal preference, ofcourse ;) You guys can make your own decision.

Well, given what this week holds, I reinstalled a suite of Star Wars games …

Playing:
- Jedi Knight II on Mac
- Jedi Knight on PC
- KotOR on iPad.

:)

I replayed JK 1 and 2 not too long ago and still found them loads of fun. It's a shame we're unlikely to get any more like that out of the neo-Star Wars.

I grabbed Star Wars: Force Unleashed for my X360 the other day on a whim. How is that one?
I probably should have researched in advance, but y'know... the hype! ;)

I grabbed Star Wars: Force Unleashed for my X360 the other day on a whim. How is that one?
I probably should have researched in advance, but y'know… the hype! ;)

I played the first few levels at a friend's and wasn't very impressed. Sort of a generic console action game with quicktime events scattered all over the damn place. I remember constantly thinking that Jedi Academy did the same thing, minus the Vader connection, but a lot better.

I probably should have researched in advance, but y'know… the hype! ;)

I played the first few levels at a friend's and wasn't very impressed. Sort of a generic console action game with quicktime events scattered all over the damn place. I remember constantly thinking that Jedi Academy did the same thing, minus the Vader connection, but a lot better.

I have played it through (just the first one) on both PC and PSP (maybe also DS? Can't recall). Anyway ... NEVER fully replayed (reinstalled once on PC, played a little and thought 'oh, yeah, THIS is why I don't replay' and then uninstalled. Wanted some Star Wars PSP action last night and looked at my game library on the PS Vita, chose to download all three Star Wars Battlefront PSP games and didn't touch Force Unleashed ...

Not *awful*, but not worth bothering.

Summer break is finally upon me; thus I'm getting stuck into my backlog.
I'm about 11 hours into Risen 3 at the moment, knee deep in the jungles of Kila, having just picked up Patty. The melee combat is quite weak and repetitious so I'm thinking I'll be looking at my magic options very soon. The exploration is solid and so I'm gradually getting into the PB mood. :)

I also polished off what I had remaining of both Demonicon (14 hours) and Kingdoms of Amalur. (24 hours) which were both by and large mediocre experiences.

In spare moments, I'm playing Raiden III, Metal Slug for fun and have also installed both KoToRs should the Star Wars festive itch become forcibly irresistible. ;) (I never did complete Kotor 2 due to the bugs, so with the restoration mod, this might be my chance.)

I just fired up the Android port of Final Fantasy VI last night, and it is phenomenal. I'm playing it on my Nvidia Shield Tablet with this device - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RE6FMD8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Highly recommend that device. It basically turns your tablet into a larger PSP. :)

Wow, that looks horrifically awkward. Of course, so are touch screen controls on a lot of old games. :p

I've been playing that on my phone. I have less patience for JRPGs these days, but it's alright for killing time in those rare occasions when I actually play games on my phone.

That's Obsidian, all right.
It seems their bugs have finally developed a form of intelligence and have found a way to affect other games as well.
I'm sure they'll resolve this by the time next PoE patch hits in. ;)

No time for mediocrity and still on MMOs…
Isn't that a contradiction? :p

"I don't have time to waste on mediocre experiences, so still playing ESO" - I must admit, that also made me do quite the double-take, lol. "I don't have time for trashy hollywood mediocre, so gonna binge watch my Michael Bay collection". :S

Back
Top Bottom