Ubisoft - Calls The Division an RPG

*facepalm*

Yes, why does anyone read anything anyone else has to say, we should all buy everything and make up our own minds… wait a minute… oh… *facepalm*

I withheld my own opinion because I suspected you would go insane. But if you insist… it's a shooter that's had the "open-world RPG" window dressing treatment because that's a buzzword that sells and for no other reason, the same as Dragon Age Inquisition. The world looks fake, the premise stereotypical beyond mundanity, Duckhunt had a greater sense of tension and anticipation, crafting is possible because that's a buzzword that sells and for no other reason, it looks like one big trash-mob maze from the 'grind' levels of any random aRPG. I could go on, but I'm actually dying of boredom thinking about why this game exists and what the mindset of a typical player must be beyond drunk friends doing something because it's better than staring at a wall during a power cut… no… wait… you must have power if you… nope, there must be something people can do that's more enjoyable than this… there must be…

Ah yes, Borderlands, that other awesome RPG… ah yes, I remember now, that's why I went to look at the video… for no other reason than to see if it was an RPG… to see where the world of RPG is at…

You know, if something is not for you there are ways to say that without coming across as a total asshole. This is becoming the norm on here.

You are certainly a cunt, no matter what others might refrain from saying.

WOW!!! I joke around in a Witcher thread about woman and get some sort of warning tag thing a ma jig.

You come right out with that word, over people talking about a video game!!!!WOW!!!

WOW!!! I joke around in a Witcher thread about woman and get some sort of warning tag thing a ma jig.

You come right out with that word, over people talking about a video game!!!!WOW!!!

Some of the members are starting to earn stearn names....patience is a virtue but man....stress a person enough.

For the graphics masterminds around here: The Division PC graphics options have leaked, and they're plentiful

If you don't wanna read the article, I'm posting the PC graphics options below:

Vsync (on/off)
Frame Rate Limit (on/off)
Shadow Quality
Shadow Resolution
Spot Shadow Count
Spot Shadow Resolution
Contact Shadows
Post FX AA
Temporal AA
Sharpen Image (%)
Particle Detail
Enable Wind-affected Snow
Volumetric Fog
Reflection Quality
Local Reflection Quality
Sub-surface Scattering
Anisotropic Filtering
Parallax Mapping
Ambient Occlusion
Depth of Field
Object Detail (%)
Extra Streaming Distance (%)
Chromatic Aberration (on/off)
Lens Flare (on/off)
Vignette Effect (on/off)

Judging by the amount of options included, it seems Ubisoft is worried doing a better PC version this time.
EDIT: both texture quality and FOV slider are clearly missing here.

Last edited:
This is the first angry joe video I've watched. I never knew he had so much pull. We can shut down all the video game websites and we can all just watch angry joe. he can tell us what we like. if he gives us the thumbs up then we will all open our wallets if not, well then it's no good.;)

Eh, what's got your riled up, sakichop? 'twas a mere observation, sir. :p
No one is saying you should take anything venerable Angry Joe says, seriously.

Eh, what's got your riled up, sakichop? 'twas a mere observation, sir. :p
No one is saying you should take anything venerable Angry Joe says, seriously.

I was mostly being sarcastic/ joking. That's why I used the wink. I wanted to use the sarcasm emoticon but I couldn't get it to show up on my iPad.

You know, if something is not for you there are ways to say that without coming across as a total asshole. This is becoming the norm on here.

You know, if a post isn't for you there are ways to reply without coming across as someone who's only skill is personal attacks and insults. This is becoming the norm on here.

There's a huge difference between calling a game crap and replying by calling a person crap, if you don't understand that perhaps I should start using the report button more?

Judging by the amount of options included, it seems Ubisoft is worried doing a better PC version this time.
EDIT: both texture quality and FOV slider are clearly missing here.

No FoV slider means they don't give a fuck - as usual ;) .

No FoV slider means they don't give a fuck - as usual ;) .

It's a port from inferior hardware where such thing will not be possible in a million years so it's not they don't care - it's Ubi, ignorant on FPS and unaware what's possible to have on PC.

More on this MMO:
http://www.pcgamesn.com/the-divisio...ansactions-but-ubisoft-prefers-to-call-it-dlc

Didn't watch Angry Joe's video nor will, didn't watch anything, had read a few lines here and there, but this does it.
This will not be a game at all, but is designed as milk-em-dry scheme. No buy from me.

rune you didn't tell us you did some modeling , man ?!

Customized-2015-Fadeless-3D-FPS-font-b-Tom-b-font-Clancy-s-The-Division-Printed-Sports.jpg

Hahahahahahahah

Last edited:
I only skipped through the video but that looked like complete garbage to me. How are you supposed to get immersed in a game where the HUD is so super-mega-busy? There is a tag on everything, bling-bling and blong-blong all over the place. WTF?

Secondly, what is up with the guys wearing gangsta clothes eating half a clip of submachine ammo (to the HEAD) before finally going down? WTF? Does this game even have hit boxes or a damage model where a head shot is more damaging than a shot to the groin?

Thirdly, this might have been partially an issue with this being a demo but the game really seemed to be lacking a "flow". The constant back and forth between map, set a waypoint, action, map, check a waypoint, action etc. would irritate me big time after a short while. It's very anti-immersive when the game doesn't allow you to just get into it but always rips you out of the experience.

So I don't really care whether they label this shooter or RPG or Mickey Mouse adventures. I label it crap! :biggrin:

I agree, it feels very videogamey and not in a good way. Big flashy huds, visible waypoints, arcade gameplay and so forth don't sit well with the game's theme. Imo the setting is quite intresting, but gameplay footage just turns me off big time.

Tom Clancy's universe transfers quite well into video games. I really liked the orginal rainbow six games. Rainbow six raven shield was the high point of the series. The realistic one shot - one kill gameplay was honed to almost perfection. Sadly after that they decided to change the direction to arcade. I also loved the splinter cell: chaos theory where awesome stealth gameplay was combined with rainbow six rype realistic combat. Now if this Division game had harnessed those type of gameplay ideas, it would have been right on my alley.

… it's a shooter that's had the "open-world RPG" window dressing treatment because that's a buzzword that sells and for no other reason…

It's exactly that. Among other things.

It's a port from inferior hardware where such thing will not be possible in a million years…

I keep telling these things to people everytime a fake ass console port comes out, but they prefer to remain uneducated novices and I keep hearing them jabberin on something irrelevant like, you cannot grasp the immersive setting of Fallout (lmao) or , games with real choice and consequences like DAO/FO4 are not for you, roflmao

If people prefer to remain something, just point them out their mushrooms obsession/fetish. They'll deny it. Their problem.

Sure, there was a time certain consoles actually helped pricedrop on CD/DVD drives and media which was a positive effect on global economy. But now optical media is entering it's clinically dead state just as happened with tapes and later floppies and new consoles didn't bring anything actually new nor use highend tech to help lowering it's price for common people.

What happened is that new consoles, instead of revolutionizing, decided to stall the technology. How and why, dunno. Things become more confusing with recent bombastic headline that PS4 unlocked it's seventh CPU core. Why was it locked in the first place? And why is the eighth one still locked?
Call me a fool, but imagine if you buy a PC, find half of resources not possible to use because of being locked and unlockable by (BI)OS and now have to wait till someone decides okay, now we'll give them what they've paid for in the first place.

Unlike consoles, to make PC, you buy a junk case, plug some stuff inside and there it is. You don't like something, you change it later. You want to add something new, what's stopping new. A brand new tech is out, you have the cash, you buy it, plug it in and you use it.

I'm not saying suddenly every single one of us who use PC only, will buy this instantly:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3021886/hardware/the-worlds-first-13tb-ssd-is-here.html
But if we really needed it, we can instantly get use of it. Consoles - just can't.

Remember also this, according to Intel's research, in 2014. there were 711 million of gamers on PC:
http://www.pcgamer.com/there-are-711-million-pc-gamers-in-the-world-today-says-intel/

There is another interesting statistic from wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Legends
As of January 2014, over 67 million people played League of Legends per month, 27 million per day, and over 7.5 million concurrently during peak hours
That game absolutely cannot be played on consoles (due to it's UI nature, it's impossible to control characters with mushrooms).

I'm not saying consoles will die out, but the PC audience is huge. And on PC, sorry, we need PC games. Or ports adapted to PConly features. Not carbon copy ports - who needs such crap. If we wanted the crap in the first place, we'd buy the damned console.

Some of the members are starting to earn stearn names….patience is a virtue but man….stress a person enough.

I don't come here that often lately, and I post even less, but it looks this forum is starting to feel like a pen & paper forum a few years ago, by the time of the infinite GNS theory discussions (and if you aren't familiar with that, nevermind that: people were always provocking each other into silly arguments and trolling was the name of the game...).

*facepalm*

Yes, why does anyone read anything anyone else has to say, we should all buy everything and make up our own minds… wait a minute… oh… *facepalm*

You almost got it but not quite. You don't need to buy the game just watch the gameplay and form your own opinion like Moriendor did. Why tell me what angry Joe thinks about the game that has no bearing on whether I'll like the game or not.

I withheld my own opinion because I suspected you would go insane. But if you insist… it's a shooter that's had the "open-world RPG" window dressing treatment because that's a buzzword that sells and for no other reason, the same as Dragon Age Inquisition. The world looks fake, the premise stereotypical beyond mundanity, Duckhunt had a greater sense of tension and anticipation, crafting is possible because that's a buzzword that sells and for no other reason, it looks like one big trash-mob maze from the 'grind' levels of any random aRPG. I could go on, but I'm actually dying of boredom thinking about why this game exists and what the mindset of a typical player must be beyond drunk friends doing something because it's better than staring at a wall during a power cut… no… wait… you must have power if you… nope, there must be something people can do that's more enjoyable than this… there must be…

Why would I go insane? do you assume your opinion carries any weight with me? Not sure why I would care one way or the other if you like the game or not. It won't affect my enjoyment or disappointment whichever the case may be. I already knew what you thought of the game from your previous posts. That's why it was pretty obvious that you were cherry picking negative comments from the video to support your view.

Ah yes, Borderlands, that other awesome RPG… ah yes, I remember now, that's why I went to look at the video… for no other reason than to see if it was an RPG… to see where the world of RPG is at…

Your so hung up on this RPG label and it doesn't even matter. "RPG" is not sacred to me, if they want to label it an rpg then more power to em. I play games from every genre so I have no problem with a shooter with RPG elements.

I'm not saying suddenly every single one of us who use PC only, will buy this instantly:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/30218…d-is-here.html
But if we really needed it, we can instantly get use of it. Consoles - just can't.

As I told you in the last thread you posted about consoles and SSD's. You can put an SSD in your console. Focus on the cpu,gpu and memory for your rage release but I'm sorry you can upgrade to an SSD.

And honestly $13,000. No one outside of businesses is touching that SSD anytime soon.

Rainbow six raven shield was the high point of the series.

Nah. Rogue Spear (and expansions). No contest :biggrin: .

It had the more interesting levels. The Museum of Art NYC, the 747 (awesome!), the Prague opera house, the Russian dacha, the oil tanker, the Kosovo village, the TV studio, ... so many awesome and memorable levels.
Raven Shield was good but some of the levels felt like a rehash and most of the missions were not nearly as exciting as Rogue Spear's. It was also the beginning of the dumbing down of the series...

Raven Shield moved toward mainstream first-person shooters like Counter-Strike, adapting various features absent in previous versions of the game. These included: the ability to see one's weapon while in first-person view, many new weapons and upgrades (including larger magazines and scopes), and a redesigned multiplayer.

Source

If people prefer to remain something, just point them out their mushrooms obsession/fetish. They'll deny it. Their problem.

Sure, there was a time certain consoles actually helped pricedrop on CD/DVD drives and media which was a positive effect on global economy. But now optical media is entering it's clinically dead state just as happened with tapes and later floppies and new consoles didn't bring anything actually new nor use highend tech to help lowering it's price for common people.

What happened is that new consoles, instead of revolutionizing, decided to stall the technology. How and why, dunno. Things become more confusing with recent bombastic headline that PS4 unlocked it's seventh CPU core. Why was it locked in the first place? And why is the eighth one still locked?
Call me a fool, but imagine if you buy a PC, find half of resources not possible to use because of being locked and unlockable by (BI)OS and now have to wait till someone decides okay, now we'll give them what they've paid for in the first place.

Unlike consoles, to make PC, you buy a junk case, plug some stuff inside and there it is. You don't like something, you change it later. You want to add something new, what's stopping new. A brand new tech is out, you have the cash, you buy it, plug it in and you use it.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3021886/hardware/the-worlds-first-13tb-ssd-is-here.html

Remember also this, according to Intel's research, in 2014. there were 711 million of gamers on PC:
http://www.pcgamer.com/there-are-711-million-pc-gamers-in-the-world-today-says-intel/

There is another interesting statistic from wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Legends

That game absolutely cannot be played on consoles (due to it's UI nature, it's impossible to control characters with mushrooms).

I'm not saying consoles will die out, but the PC audience is huge. And on PC, sorry, we need PC games. Or ports adapted to PConly features. Not carbon copy ports - who needs such crap. If we wanted the crap in the first place, we'd buy the damned console.

You're completely right…. 2 years ago, PC gaming market's total revenue surpassed that of console gaming industry .. article 1 ,article 2. I think also this happened for the first time. There is nothing to fear , the future is bright, we will all laugh at this (probably unoptimized) ported software 10 years from now ….

Back
Top Bottom