Shroud of the Avatar - Final Wipe in July

Maybe some of the anger over how this game turned out is being directed at Rune? I remember him defending it and I just didn't see what he was seeing but it didn't anger me I just figured to each his own.

The Ultima games were the ones that got me started gaming and Garriot will always be a personal hero but that particular Garriot disappeared in the early 90's. Everything he has ever said or supported since then has been about online play, social platforms etc….for years before this kickstarter. I wanted there to be a return to his single player glory days but seeing the kick starter pitch and him assembling some of the Ultima Online guys made it obvious to me so I didn't back it and moved on.

Now I wonder if there are any grounds for a lawsuit if they don't deliver the so called "single player" mode? How long can they postpone it before they get into legal trouble? I don't have a stake in the game though I am merely curious.

EDIT: Maybe it's time to take a break from this site, this is the type of posters that seem to be the norm now. I'm not sure, I do like the majority of you but sometimes it's not even worth posting.

I do hope we can attract a better class of forum members soon. Tearing someone down in a deeply personal way, just based on their taste in games alone, is a serious sign that someone has the maturity of a toddler.

People like that also spread around a lot of negative energy, which we don't really need.

EDIT: Maybe it's time to take a break from this site, this is the type of posters that seem to be the norm now. I'm not sure, I do like the majority of you but sometimes it's not even worth posting.

I for one would hate to see you go.

RPGWatch has been my home page since it was RPGDot. But I'd have to agree with Rune, this place unfortunately has adopted some of the mean-ness that is all too common just about everywhere on the net. For a LONG time, this place has been a rare exception and why it's been my homepage. Hope it's not too late.

I for one would hate to see you go.

RPGWatch has been my home page since it was RPGDot. But I'd have to agree with Rune, this place unfortunately has adopted some of the mean-ness that is all too common just about everywhere on the net. For a LONG time, this place has been a rare exception and why it's been my homepage. Hope it's not too late.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have been here since the RPGdot days...it used to be that you could disagree what people said and that would be it...now it's like a personal vendetta to make sure that people pay for whatever thing they think they need...

I think there are too many good guys still here to honestly leave....

As for some projecting their anger for the project on me...well, I was pretty excited when I WANTED to believe the things they were saying were true, I didn't just make up that they were saying it. You can look through the history here and you can start to see where I started to question things and say things didn't look good. Some people were right from back then, good on ya, hoped it wouldn't turn out that way. Why wouldn't I want it to work out the way they said it.

Does that make me a naive as Luj1 would like to say? Then so be it.

Rofl at this drama

Look its a very simple situation. The guy can spend 40 MILION to live on MARS , or have a dinner in ORBIT, but he cant deliver on the game he promised. Which is like a picnic compared to what he usually does. You remember Tabula Rasa but willfully disregarded that info. You dissed people with valid concerns as "haters" or going emo mode like you were going to cut your wrists now. No one is projecting anger on you, youre just obviously a very unstable person. Now you're making some useless drama and being overly dramatic. The guy cant make an MMO right since Ultima.

Last edited:
Give it a break Luj1. Seriously, the guy said he was over optimistic.
Stop beating a dead horse.

Rofl at this drama

Look its a very simple situation. The guy can spend 40 MILION to live on MARS , or have a dinner in ORBIT, but he cant deliver on the game he promised. Which is like a picnic compared to what he usually does. You remember Tabula Rasa but willfully disregarded that info. You dissed people who had valid remarks as "haters" or going emo mode like you were going to cut your wrists now. No one is projecting anger on you, youre just obviously a very imbalanced person. Now you're making some useless drama and being overly dramatic. The guy cant make an MMO right since Ultima. What's wrong, are you going to cry now to other forum members?

Hah, your mother obviously failed at raising a decent human being.

I'm not going emo, I'm going Christ with people like you here now you've actually brought this site down. I'm sure you have your fans, but I would like to think people like you slither back under your rock.

Joy to free speech, when even people like you get a chance to speak.

At the end of the day it's a game, I'm quite healthy thank you very much, though I morn the loss of this site to people like you....

EDIT: I never called anyone haters...I did disagree with people with the knowledge I had at the time. But this isn't what this is about, this is Luj1 looking to lash out, unstable indeed.

Last edited:
Personally, I blame the creators that obviously either never intended to deliver on what they promised (most likely), or seriously underestimated what was involved to actually complete the project as promised (very unlikely). I hold no fault with those that faithfully believed the lies, I instead fault the liars. People having faith and believing a promise is something that should always be cherished and nurtured, never abused.

Give it a break Luj1. Seriously, the guy said he was over optimistic.
Stop beating a dead horse.

What dead horse? I made 2 posts in this whole thread. I only reacted to rune74saying they need more money. No, I said it's just Richard Garriot. It's not a mystery . Its really all I did . The guy hasn't been right for awhile, for who knows what, so don't blame me for rune74's meltdown.

Hah, your mother obviously failed at raising a decent human being.

there you go, show us your true face … its not hard. If you cant handle open discussion its okay, Just don't cry to other forum members for support . or threaten youre "leaving" w/e?
That's some pathetic BS, act like a grown up man you are. Use humor and wit, or whatever I don't care

Last edited:
What dead horse? I made 2 posts in this whole thread. I only reacted to rune74saying they need more money. No, I said it's just Richard Garriot. It's not a mystery . Its really all I did . The guy hasn't been right for awhile, for who knows what, so don't blame me for rune74's meltdown.

there you go, show us your true face … its not hard. If you cant handle open discussion its okay, Just don't cry to other forum members for support . or threaten youre "leaving" w/e?
That's some pathetic BS, act like a grown up man you are. Use humor and wit, or whatever I don't care

"Once more into the fray,
Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day.
Live and die on this day."

You know the No.1 rule of online socialization is that you can't avoid offending anybody if you have an opinion. Someone out there in some remote corner of the earth is bound to get upset, and wars ensue.

Back to the topic, as a backer I seriously start to lose faith, or was it too foolish to have faith from the get go? Maybe you are right that the man is cashing out on good-will and his fame and respect. Why take cash out of your own pocket when you can just ask for it, right?

I think Richard wanted to make an MMORPG from the get-go, it is quite sad he just couldn't be honest about that.

Went over to the Shroud forums out of curiosity and wow I had no idea how many people love housing plots, outfits, new hats etc....not sure how that is fun? Oh well guess I am out of touch on the MMO world.

I hope somehow there is a single player game that appears from it but it looks grim.

Well, I guess this seals it...I'm no permanently banned from their forums. Heh, I guess speaking your mind about what they are doing is not acceptable. That's the thing over there, they will honestly bend the rules to make what you did fit into them. If you are a high backer you even get to influence moderation and banning.

I'm trying to get the last bit of my money back from that train wreck, but I suggest you all stay far away.

Gratz on the ban :) .

Sounds an awful lot like the Star Citizen forums. They have similar (non-written a.k.a factual) policies/practices with regard to high level backers and subscribers. It's almost like a caste system.
Too late for me to stay away from either game but with SotA I will probably auction off my physical CE if and when it ever gets here. Should hopefully yield a nice profit.

Gratz on the ban :) .

Sounds an awful lot like the Star Citizen forums. They have similar (non-written a.k.a factual) policies/practices with regard to high level backers and subscribers. It's almost like a caste system.
Too late for me to stay away from either game but with SotA I will probably auction off my physical CE if and when it ever gets here. Should hopefully yield a nice profit.

I would do it soon...July will be when shit hits the fan. I think they are out of money and that's why they are doing it. At the moment you can probably make a bit...

Well, it's the physical CE. I can't sell it before I have it, right? I mean I could but I prefer to roleplay rogues and not be one in RL :biggrin: .

Well, it's the physical CE. I can't sell it before I have it, right? I mean I could but I prefer to roleplay rogues and not be one in RL :biggrin: .

You won't be seeing that until...at least sometime next year.

Then I'm hoping that you are wrong about July. I hate KSs that are massively delayed like SotA and Star Citizen.

Estimated delivery date: October 2014. MY. ASS. :roll:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 37
Then I'm hoping that you are wrong about July. I hate KSs that are massively delayed like SotA and Star Citizen.

Estimated delivery date: October 2014. MY. ASS. :roll:

Yeah they said they won't ship physical goods until the launch....which they also said this type of game may not have a launch...so...

Hah, they even banned me from commenting on steam. I asked for my money back and showed the post I got on an infraction to show how silly it is....they said I shared personal information(mine).

Back
Top Bottom