Shroud of the Avatar - Final Wipe in July

Well, I guess this seals it…I'm no permanently banned from their forums.
Hah, they even banned me from commenting on steam. I asked for my money back and showed the post I got on an infraction to show how silly it is….they said I shared personal information(mine).
Sorry to hear about that rune. Have you contacted Steam yet about this?
Then I'm hoping that you are wrong about July. I hate KSs that are massively delayed like SotA and Star Citizen.

Estimated delivery date: October 2014. MY. ASS. :rolleyes:
Almost every kickstarter has never delivered on the promised release date on the project page. To me the date given is nothing but an estimate, and should never be believed.

Last edited:
Well, I guess this seals it...I'm no permanently banned from their forums. Heh, I guess speaking your mind about what they are doing is not acceptable. That's the thing over there, they will honestly bend the rules to make what you did fit into them. If you are a high backer you even get to influence moderation and banning.

I'm trying to get the last bit of my money back from that train wreck, but I suggest you all stay far away.
What exactly did you get banned for?

What exactly did you get banned for?

They give out infractions for what they call breaking the rules. The problem with this is the actual rules are like Jello, it just moves to fit the mold of what they want.

In the last week on that site I mentioned the kickstarter comment section wasn't happy then I was attacked by the high level backers for about 6 pages worth of comments, no infractions and no moderation done other then to finaly lock the thread with "Well, I guess enough has been said on this." Nothing got done until I sent a letter to support saying how is this hate allowed on the forums if I cannot even post simple things?

The last infraction that I got was pretty weak on any standard and it was the norm for the ones I was getting. I will post it because I really don't care to let them hid this:

rune_74,

Your actions in this message (Rant on Travel) are not appropriate. We cannot allow users to be abusive, overly aggressive, or to "troll". Your message has been removed or altered.

Content Moderated:
If you have never seen him complain then you haven't read his other threads about the same thing. This isn't the first time he has brought this up.

Reason: Personal Attack

Rule Violated:
Act with Virtue:
Treat others as you would want to be treated. We are all people united under the same banner, with similar hopes and many different opinions. Show respect for one another, disagree with grace, and offer opinions with humility. And sheath those swords… there are absolutely no personal attacks allowed.

Your account has been issued <#> warning points for this action. Accumulating additional warning points may result in restrictions placed on your accounts access. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.

I posted this in a response to a person who said if this poster brought this up then it is a major issue because he never complains. I think it would be a stretch for anyone to call that a personal attack.

I got banned on steam for reposting that as one of the reasons I wanted my money back. I knew full well that would never happen but I wanted people to see what was happening there. The majority of my infractions are like this. Reality of the situation is they didn't like that I was critical of the game.

I responded to the ban on steam, but I'm not sure even how to contact steam about this? I have never had any other company do anything close to this.

Almost every kickstarter has never delivered on the promised release date on the project page. To me the date given is nothing bit an estimate, and should never be believed.

I sort of agree with that but for me it is more like...

A delay of up to:

- 3 Months: Not even worth mentioning.
- 6 months: Fine. Nobody is perfect.
- 9 months: Maybe buy a better project scheduling software next time?
- 12 months: I slowly begin to question their competence...
- 15 months+: Do they even know what the fuck they are doing anymore?

And SotA (and Star Citizen among some others possibly) has sadly hit that final level ;) .

I generally find it very disappointing that many of the 2012/2013 era Kickstarters have obviously used unrealistic dates as intentional bait for backers. "Here. Pledge now... it's not even that far away". When in reality they knew exactly that the game would never make the target (or if they did genuinely not know then they are in fact incompetent because if you schedule a project you should never be that far off).

It's one of quite a few reasons I'm done with crowdfunding. The developers had their chance to convince me that this model is better than the publisher model and most of them utterly failed because I have definitely not seen an increase in honesty, integrity or quality. Quite the contrary in many cases.

Anyway, back on the subject of SotA, hey, what do you know they actually had this in their update yesterday so there is some hope that they will release this year and that I will get to sell my (hopefully very) precious CE :) ...

[FONT=&quot]Backer Shipping Addresses[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In preparation for shipping backers' physical pledge rewards later this year, we have added Shipping Address fields to your Account Profile page. To enter your shipping address, log in to the SotA website, select "Account" in top right corner, then select "Edit Profile" located in top left corner, beneath your Avatar image:

[/FONT]

It's one of quite a few reasons I'm done with crowdfunding. The developers had their chance to convince me that this model is better than the publisher model and most of them utterly failed because I have definitely not seen an increase in honesty, integrity or quality. Quite the contrary in many cases.
I think the model is better when you know the developer.

Yes, to me, the KS model is for very special projects with respected studios. I'm not interested in the amateur free-for-all, or the folly of the ego monsters.

I'm glad I wasn't involved and being treated like that, Rune. I'd have gone bananas and savaged the lot of 'em.

Yes, to me, the KS model is for very special projects with respected studios. I'm not interested in the amateur free-for-all, or the folly of the ego monsters.

I'm glad I wasn't involved and being treated like that, Rune. I'd have gone bananas and savaged the lot of 'em.

Unfortunately what do I do?

All I can do is post in places to let them know what these guys did.

Well, I guess the best thing is to resist what I would do, which is to post a rant that's worth getting upset about. But, since you've kept cool and given them nothing to show you up, I think a lot of gamers will be receptive to your reports of them "disappearing" backers who don't fall in line.

I have over 4800 posts over there and 8000 likes...it's not like I was some unknown.

Just stay away from these guys.

Well since I had zero hope that this game would ever happen, never mind be any good if it get completed. I do feel bad for those that did buy into this game in hopes of it being anything like an Ultima game.

As for the Ban Rune, small price to pay to get away from anything to do with that game.

In cash shop next week…

LIMITED TIME OFFER (or until sales drop off)

The Ban Achievement*!
Were you too vocal during development? Did you hurt feelings? Did you stir up controversy in the forums?! Sport your badassery, aka passion, for this amazing game! This unique** "Banned" herald design that can be attached to any*** other cash shop clothing item.

* If avatar was actually banned from forum then all rights to this herald may be revoked by vote of top 10 donors online at time of banning.
** "Unique" is classified as being a minimum of 10 pixels different from any other herald.
*** Some items will not be able to have herald attached to them. Please see Bug Fix list of 2017 post-launch issues. Wait, except there will be no launch. I forgot I wasn't supposed to mention this.. what? You can't fire me, I can fix the store page! What do you mean Baron asked for my resignation? Who cares what he thinks, I work here! you know what? Fuc--

Well since I had zero hope that this game would ever happen, never mind be any good if it get completed. I do feel bad for those that did buy into this game in hopes of it being anything like an Ultima game.

As for the Ban Rune, small price to pay to get away from anything to do with that game.

I hear ya.

But geez man how did they get to the point I had to be here? They just had to do what they said they would. I feel dirty letting them off the hook. I posted in a few places but they shut down a couple of those conversations. I pissed off some high backers and I paid for it...biggest negative is I can't point and say ha ha when it does fail.

Shroud of the Avatar is the “spiritual successor” to Richard’s previous work in the FRP genre. Our primary objectives are to tell a story even more compelling than Ultimas IV-VII, create a virtual world more interactive than Ultima VII, develop deep rich
multi-player
capabilities beyond combat akin to Ultima Online, and offer a bold new approach to integrate them with “Selective Multi-Player”.

•Shroud of the Avatar is infused with rich storylines, deeply integrated into game play, developed by Best Selling Author Tracy Hickman and RPG legend Richard Garriott.

• Players will adventure in an interactive world where their choices have consequences, ethical paradoxes give them pause, and they play a vital part in weaving their own story into the immersive world and lore surrounding them.

• Shroud of the Avatar is a Selective Multiplayer game, allowing players to choose how they want to play! Whether in Single-Player Offline mode or any of three online modes, the main quest line will provide greater than 40 hours of focused, story driven content.

• Shroud of the Avatar can be played as an offline DRM free solo experience or online, where our servers will enable player to player transactions, group finding, patching, streaming of dynamic content, and exploit prevention.

• Built using the Unity Game Engine, Shroud of the Avatar will support Win/Mac/Linux for official launch.

• Players can specialize in a wide range of combat and non-combat skills, provided by a robust, classless skill system, and full-featured crafting and housing mechanics. Play the way you want to play, molding your character into the hero, anti-hero, or artisan you want to be!

• Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtue is the first of a 5 game series of full-length, stand-alone games (each using the same game system), referred to as Episodes 1 through 5. Estimated availability of Episode 1, Forsaken Virtues, is October 2014, with Episodes 2 through 5 estimated for subsequent yearly releases.

• Shroud of the Avatar is a “buy-to-play” game that, once purchased, does not require a subscription to play!

I hear ya.

But geez man how did they get to the point I had to be here? They just had to do what they said they would. I feel dirty letting them off the hook. I posted in a few places but they shut down a couple of those conversations. I pissed off some high backers and I paid for it…biggest negative is I can't point and say ha ha when it does fail.[/QUOTE]

You mean it hasn't failed already, it is almost 2 years late and there really doesn't seem to be much of a game there at all.

I hear ya.

But geez man how did they get to the point I had to be here? They just had to do what they said they would. I feel dirty letting them off the hook. I posted in a few places but they shut down a couple of those conversations. I pissed off some high backers and I paid for it…biggest negative is I can't point and say ha ha when it does fail.[/QUOTE]

You mean it hasn't failed already, it is almost 2 years late and there really doesn't seem to be much of a game there at all.

Well technically it is still just late...once it goes live in July they won't be able to say that...though they are saying it is early access then...it's like they keep telling people oh wait did we say beta we never meant that instead we are going persistent and then early access to hide what's really happening.

I love how when I tell people the problems I had there they are like...well it's the way you posted and it's always negative...I have over 8000 likes there, either everyone is negative or I hit something on the head.

Well technically it is still just late…once it goes live in July they won't be able to say that…though they are saying it is early access then…it's like they keep telling people oh wait did we say beta we never meant that instead we are going persistent and then early access to hide what's really happening.

I love how when I tell people the problems I had there they are like…well it's the way you posted and it's always negative…I have over 8000 likes there, either everyone is negative or I hit something on the head.

Wow can't believe you got banned. Basically it sounds like if your not fully on board with it being and MMO and sing the games praises its against the rules. Sad. Maybe you can complain to kick starter? You have them money so maybe you can get some assistance there I don't know. I would definitely post my story everywhere I could if it were me.

It baffles me how many on their forum don't want to discuss anything lacking in the game, but post pages and pages of stuff about their housing plots. Its bizarro world.

Wow can't believe you got banned. Basically it sounds like if your not fully on board with it being and MMO and sing the games praises its against the rules. Sad. Maybe you can complain to kick starter? You have them money so maybe you can get some assistance there I don't know. I would definitely post my story everywhere I could if it were me.

It baffles me how many on their forum don't want to discuss anything lacking in the game, but post pages and pages of stuff about their housing plots. Its bizarro world.

Ahh well, I'm done with it...I was upset over the weekend then I sat down today and said you know what? Screw them. I don't think it is worth the effort to be upset or to care any more.

They did send me an email on why they banned me on steam apparently infractions have to be agreed on both me and Portalarium to share, otherwise I break the rules. Would they ever give permission for that to happen? I highly doubt it, what a screwed up rule.

I had quite a few of those little silly infractions that wouldn't even get noticed on most of the strict website. I think this was more about controlling the message then the actual game.

Anyways, I'm done with these guys. They will fail or not, not my problem. I actually made money on my account if you can believe it.

Back
Top Bottom