Divinity: Original Sin II - Preview

Controls with K+M are awsome, dunno what are you two talking about.

I don't find them awesome at all. But maybe I'm just used to the simplicity and ease of use of the Steam Controller.

Designing PC games with controllers in mind is terrrrrrible!

I have no issues with the controls nor the camera, with the exception that a larger range to zoom out would be appreciated.

Designing PC games with controllers in mind is terrrrrrible!

You're assuming that based on old controller designs. The Steam Controller is more than complex enough to handle games like this.

Doing things like holding the middle mouse button to move the camera is awkward to me. You could set that to a simple right trackpad movement on the SC. And pressing Left ALT while hovering around WASD is also awkward to me. Those can be fixed very easily on the SC.

The only reason I didn't start the game with the SC was because I was too lazy to set up my own profile right now, but it looks like I'll end up doing it anyway. :)

And P.S. - The camera angle itself is weird. I would like to be able to tilt it up or down at least.

And P.S. - The camera angle itself is weird. I would like to be able to tilt it up or down at least.

Yes, the narrow camera angle is frustrating, as is the tendency to spin the orientation to point north whenever I hit the Home key and the loss of camera tracking when I choose a different character to lead. I spend way too much time trying to fix the view. Just frickin' follow the selected character and point the view where I'm moving, will ya?

Yes, the narrow camera angle is frustrating, as is the tendency to spin the orientation to point north whenever I hit the Home key and the loss of camera tracking when I choose a different character to lead. I spend way too much time trying to fix the view. Just frickin' follow the selected character and point the view where I'm moving, will ya?

I'm with you. The angle is too narrow for me too, and I am starting to wish the camera and style of the game was more like Divinity II honestly. Shifting the camera with the middle mouse button + using WASD and also trying to hit ALT constantly to highlight items in the environment is uncomfortable.

If I continue playing I'll use the Steam Controller. But with all the AoE/magic effects in every battle I don't know if I'll continue playing it. It's too much going on.

Camera angles leaves a lot to be desired as well as zoom out options. Overall they are functional but will appreciate whoever mode them a bit.
Camera reset on party member select is the only thing that totally annoys me.

you misunderstand, everything translates into values. its all about their priority.
ur confusing morals for values.
its one thing to be authentic / creative and another to be efficient . either way, all of them are low in this case

Back
Top Bottom