Anthem - Gameplay Demo Video

No online is not optional as it's a server based game.;)

If you go by the original standard of whats an mmo then yes.

I can go all day and spam this thread especially on a game I despise Dart.

Why do you keep saying online when people say multiplayer?

3afc9a38a25e41a93945554b9a5fce5a.jpg

The problem with pictures is that you can't underline them and put them in italic.

How are you going to get the point across without shouting? ;)

I think it's like that coming out of the closet thing. You're harboring a secret love of playing singleplayer games online - and your rage is a stage of denial ;)

e0239734bbaec7e921d58b4ddec1220f.jpg

Think I'll stop as last photo says what developers call gamers like me.:biggrin:

Keyword: Caveman what Blizzard called haters of Diablo 3.

Looks like a triple AAA action-RPG with optional multiplayer to me.
DA:I, ME3, and ME:A were triple AAA action RPGs with optional multiplayer. While you may be technically correct in the wording you used, do you truly believe this is the same thing as DA or ME just in a new world, or are you just being disingenuous? If the former, all I can say is wait until it comes out and see how wrong you were.

What makes it so bad relative to other mindless hack and slash ARPGs, besides the fact that the gameplay and visuals are obviously on another level?
Maybe nothing, we don't know yet. However, "mindless hack and slash ARPGs" are not something BioWare has made before, which was the entire point of the post you were replying to.

There is quite a difference between a single player game with a multiplayer mode and a multiplayer game that you can also play solo.
Anthem clearly seem aimed towards the latter which is likely to give singleplayer a subpar experience.

Why do you keep saying online when people say multiplayer?

Its not just the online thing, but it hints at their design schema.
It is clearly designed for multiplayer (coop, not massive). That's why there won't be any NPC squadmates. And there's bound to be other cases where the multiplayer design will impact the singleplayer part. Things like difficulty and balancing.

In my mind, it's not optional multiplayer.

It's optional single player.

(Ha! italic, bold, underlined, red, and maximum font size. I tried different fonts, but it really does not get any better. I though about using capslock, but uh… yeah, that would be too much, right? So, yeah, anyways.)

Looks like a triple AAA action-RPG with optional multiplayer to me.

What makes it so bad relative to other mindless hack and slash ARPGs, besides the fact that the gameplay and visuals are obviously on another level?

Aside from the multiplayer thing, yes, fair assesment. The thing is, people used to expect more from it than a mindless action RPG coop game with very good graphics. Mostly, it looks bad relative to their own past games.

(I would not call it hack and slash tho)

Now that's appropriate for Anthem. You sir just spawned a new Slogan.:highfive:

"It's optional single player"

I believe this slogan will be used more often in the future.:biggrin:

Its not just the online thing, but it hints at their design schema.
It is clearly designed for multiplayer (coop, not massive). That's why there won't be any NPC squadmates. And there's bound to be other cases where the multiplayer design will impact the singleplayer part. Things like difficulty and balancing.

In my mind, it's not optional multiplayer.

It's optional single player.

Hey, man, I get that you guys are hating on this online/mp thing because of your predisposition - and I'm not getting into that with you.

But, it's not really about what's in your mind or my mind.

It's just a factual thing that I would like to point out.

I don't mean to get all logical on your asses - but if multiplayer is optional - then singleplayer is automatically optional as well, and vice versa.

That's kinda how that works ;)

Obviously, though, this isn't Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

It's a looter shooter - and they're definitely more fun to play with others. Then again, so are most games - to my mind.

On the bright side, this could mean romance scenes could include more than two characters. :blush:

I don't know - I like to focus on one person when I do the deed.

Not in my narrow-minded game vocabulary.:p

So get your logic outta here Dart.:cool:

Haha, I'm just glad we have a diverse playfield these days. Contrary to popular belief - (strictly) singleplayer CRPGs are doing better then they EVER did.

I don't mean to get all logical on your asses - but if multiplayer is optional - then singleplayer is automatically optional as well, and vice versa.

That's kinda how that works ;)

Ok, but language and communication are not limited to any strict logic like that.

See, if someone points a gun at you and tells you "Hey buddy, it's totally optional, but could you please be so kind to give me your wallet?", I bet you would understand that despite the factual truth that giving him the wallet is optional, you might be disinclined to take the alternative option.

Yes, I imply that Bioware is robbing us. Of a good game they could have made if they didnt sell out years ago… :p

Back
Top Bottom