Fallout: NV - Fallout: New California Beta 201 released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Rjshae spotted the release of the Fallout: New Vegas mod New California:

Fallout: New California

Fallout: New California BETA 201, after 7 years of development by Rick Hukkanen(Lead Programmer) and Brandan Lee(Project Lead) is finally released!
More information.

Being still in beta, I'll probably hold off on this one. Is anybody going to take it for a run through?

Downloaded and played only the prologue it has two paths no bugs so far. Anyway the mod is fully playable beginning to end, but the developer called it Beta/ Early release.

I might give it a run through next time I feel like replaying the base game, and then try out the new content afterwards. Assuming I can figure out how to install it and whatnot.

I might give it a run through next time I feel like replaying the base game, and then try out the new content afterwards. Assuming I can figure out how to install it and whatnot.
It's quite easy to install manually the old way or with a mod manager. Also I would play this mod first as it's the prequel of the courier, and carry's over to the main game.

Ahhh that's good to know, then I'd do this first then replay. I wonder if anything from the prequel would carry over to the base game afterwards.
Haven't got that far yet but supposedly once you finish the mod you begin New Vegas with your character, and the various companions get imported you traveled with.

Update: It wont be implemented till the final 1.0 release.

Can I get to the Mojave from California and continue my game after the ending?

Yes! At the end of our BETA 200 Testing, anyway!

For now we are in testing phase. As soon as our mod is fully tested we will turn that feature on at 1.0. We don't want you to break your New Vegas save game while we're still launching weekly and monthly updates that require restarts to take effect.

I think this mod and the other Fallout related one coming up set down in Miami look pretty cool and am looking forward to giving them a whirl eventually.

Having just left the vault I have to say this expansion (for calling it a mod would not do it justice) is fantastic! Vault dweller experience was much better than in Fallout 3.

Having just left the vault I have to say this expansion (for calling it a mod would not do it justice) is fantastic! Vault dweller experience was much better than in Fallout 3.
Sorry I should have said free expansion not mod. So I'm duly chastised.:biggrin:

Also yes the vault beginning is much better then the last three Fallout games.

I'm very much looking forward to this too. While I love Fallout 3 and 4, there is plenty of room for someone else to interpret the material. Obsidian's game was a lot of fun and I expect the same with this one.

Finished it today on the NCR path. Maybe had a few glitches but no major bugs. I loved how the story tied the past games with Fallout NV. Now on-wards with the enclave path.

I'll play this at some point, but it's a pain to go back and reinstall all the mods. Can't go NV without muh post apocalyptic babe Vanessa. :)

Finished the Enclave path today love how it fits into the lore of Fallout 3.

You can play as a member of the Enclave? That sounds all sorts of awesome to me!!
The game actually has 13 different endings.

NCR
Enclave
Bishop Family
Raiders Alliance
Shi Empire Exiles
Mutant Master

Each of those endings have different variables.

Your a clone of the vault dweller who saved NCR in Fallout. You have a parasite inside you called Project Brazil that makes you an Immortal Demi-god.

As the new mutant master cloned you inside a willing tribal witch. He left you with the wasteland scouts from the vault who took you and your siblings in.

At the same time they took in two enclave officers from the destroyed oil rig. The game begins almost 18 years later and you choose two paths. Athlete or Scientist.

Then you either choose to follow the Enclave or Wasteland Scout's. After that you follow that path or betray and switch side later on as you play.

Every ending sees you become the courier who was shot in the head with various differences. In the Enclave ending you joined the ones defeated in Fallout 3.

Last edited:
You forgot the most important thing!

What about
romances?

You forgot the most important thing!

What about
romances?
Simple answer none in my two playthroughs.

The companions become less important after the prologue in the vault. You have to interact with them through through the companion wheel & select talk.

A few have dialogue but half are just tag along's with simple commands.

Some game content is incomplete and probably got axed. You will come across empty areas that have no ties to the story or quests. Like abandoned bars and gun shops.

Last edited:
New update was posted about patches and other info..

Link - https://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil
We have been ridiculously busy this week since launch, having updated thousands of records in the mod. We learned a lot, which will come in handy for future games we plan to release. A lot of that was just learning to manage and coordinate the HUGE volume of traffic -- a 24/7 job in 3 languages and across 4 primary websites: Nexus, ModDB, Facebook, and Discord -- the rest was learning about this old engine.

The hardest part about making mods and games isn't the technology. Robots don't make or play games.

It's people. That's what's important. And in our case, the people shine.

Diagnosing crashes, fixing bloated texture files, moving thousands of gigabytes of data around servers, fixing broken quests, adjusting narrative and objective text, fitting into a pre-existing community and tool user community, running tech & installation support -- all with over 100,000 downloads over several platforms -- that was an experience.

Finally, after all these years, Rick and I aren't alone anymore. :)

Back
Top Bottom