Divinity: Original Sin II - Free Content Updates

No, I agree with both of you. There's far too little information to get excited at the minute - it could be a phone based MMO or something. :) I guess the optimist in me just always likes to know that there's at least a hope of something decent D&D related coming up. So I'll watch with interest.

I hope it isn't BG3 though. That's story is done. Something set in the same area of the forgotten realms with some of the same locations and characters would be cool though.
I'm glad for more D&D games also. Just not sure of the quality given anything made after NWN 1&2 was either an MMO, or sub-par Single-player game. Not a good track record.

Well I guess we could count the Baldur's Gate remasters and Siege of Dragonspear also. As they are technically new but are just modern versions for WIN 10 and tablets.

Also nowhere does it say it will be an RPG. So it could be any type of genre with RPG mechanics added to again. Anyway I would like to be proved wrong but I rarely am.:cool:

They made the announcement to hire people so the job descriptions are where the tiny info about the game are currently hidden.

They mention "fantasy adventure RPG" and using Unreal 4 for the game. There isn't a single mention of multiplier, co-op or online features in them. Nor is action mentioned.

There is a narrative designer job open that mention quests, in-game barks and banter.

The studio has lofty goals too: become a top AAA independent studio…which won't happens if they make a mobile game or another Sword Coast Legend. They also consider themselves AAA, which suggest they have a big budget for this game (their previous game was not AAA).

edit: they are ~30 people studio right now

Last edited:
Well my interest is now rising but I'm still not fully optimistic.:happycry:

Back
Top Bottom