US 2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, now - can you really not acknowledge that what's going on now, politically, is far beyond what's happened in a US election in modern history? Of course there's always been protest and disorder within a nation that size, but you're not a stupid man that can't see what this is. If you keep that act up, it's really going to depress me.
Far beyond? Perhaps. Indicative of impending doom? Not so much. It's interesting to me that you've (that's a plural "you") rattled on for four years that every word out of the guy's mouth is a lie but now all of a sudden you think every word is God's honest truth. Can't really have it both ways, me thinks. Is he being ridiculous about losing the election? Without question, although the lefties are tying themselves in knots trying to frame this as completely unprecedented behavior while ignoring and/or quietly "yeah, but"-ing the heck out of Gore 2000. Do I honestly believe he's going to barricade himself in the Oval Office come 20JAN? Puh-leeze.

Well as I love alternate history/ What if scenarios what's happening interests me. Lets say the Republican party and Trump supporters decide Biden is not their President?

What if they walkout and refuse to work with democrats. Also consider the 70+ million trump voters who might rise up and support Trump. Get those betting odds started.

Civil War 2.0 or a split USA is a possibility. Feels like I'm a parallel universe.

Also trump does not plan to leave he made that clear today.
Given which side the military usually favors, civil war probably wouldn't end well for the special snowflakes.

Well as I love alternate history/ What if scenarios what's happening interests me. Lets say the Republican party and Trump supporters decide Biden is not their President?

What if they walkout and refuse to work with democrats. Also consider the 70+ million trump voters who might rise up and support Trump. Get those betting odds started.

Civil War 2.0 or a split USA is a possibility. Feels like I'm a parallel universe.

Also trump does not plan to leave he made that clear today.

And this scenario should not be ok with anyone, red or blue. But it's being stoked every day by Trump. It's ok to contest results (even if you're seemingly bad at math), but to undermine the election with conspiracy theories only serves to, at best, weaken the republic.

I used to respect you, dte. But this statement just speaks volumes about who you are.
Do tell! Exactly who am I? Seriously. If you're going to make silly dramatic statements, back 'em up.

Give me a sec to make some popcorn before we start "DTE, This is Your Life".

Far beyond? Perhaps. Indicative of impending doom? Not so much. It's interesting to me that you've (that's a plural "you") rattled on for four years that every word out of the guy's mouth is a lie but now all of a sudden you think every word is God's honest truth. Can't really have it both ways, me thinks. Is he being ridiculous about losing the election? Without question, although the lefties are tying themselves in knots trying to frame this as completely unprecedented behavior while ignoring and/or quietly "yeah, but"-ing the heck out of Gore 2000. Do I honestly believe he's going to barricade himself in the Oval Office come 20JAN? Puh-leeze.

OK, chief.

If you can't see that this is the arse-end of a losing argument after a long night, make the best of it.

Last edited:
OK, chief.

If you can't see that this is the arse-end of a losing argument after a long night, make the best of it.
So sure?

From a USAToday article (I continue to go with them despite their new unabashed left bias):
Right now, a Trump appointee has refused to affirm Biden's electoral win, preventing the president-elect's team Biden from beginning its official transition. Emily W. Murphy, head of the federal General Services Administration, has yet to sign off on an official declaration recognizing Biden's victory, a move that has blocked his staff from accessing federal funding, briefing materials and office space to gear up for the transfer of power.

That includes barring Biden from using the State Department’s secure phone system to speak with foreign leaders. It may also slow the Biden team’s ability to get background investigations and security clearances for high-level staffers and nominees. And it has limited Biden's access to classified information that is normally shared with an incoming president.
So, if the election is called, none of this childishness can happen. Reminds me a lot of Chris Christie shutting down that bridge to tweak his opponents. What's that you say? Christie and Trump are buddies and seem to have gone to the same school of political hijinks? Interesting, that. A functional middle finger makes a lot more sense to me than some coup BS and still lassos the same poor behavior.

Given which side the military usually favors, civil war probably wouldn't end well for the special snowflakes.
Who are the snowflakes in this instance? To me it seems like it's the people buying into the hoax talk, who are the "special snowflakes". "We couldn't have lost because we are special! It must've been a conspiracy!"

Last edited:

Responding mainly to the bolded part.

Most who vote for Trump are normal people and they will probably see what he does like you: silly.

The difference in this instance is that what he is doing can really make the crazy fringe part of his voters think that they are justified in using violence. Since they will see his tweets and speeches as confirmation there is a conspiracy. And the crazy fringe left will see his talk as a confirmation of a conspiracy from the right.

Fundamentalists believe and thrive on conspiracy theories. And he is fanning the flames. Will this upend American democracy? I doubt that. Will this increase violence and decrease the trust in the democratic process? Probably.

I sense the collapse of the US. Look at history. The collapse will happen one day, and right now we appear closer to it than in a long time. What you should do is to make those imaginary enemies outside your borders once again. That would unite your states on the cost of messing up yet another country.

However, united states would be worth it from the European perspective. With the US gone, who would make and buy great RPGs? :p Poles and Belgians are trying for sure. Would the market be large enough to support making such games?

Oh, as long as THESE people get it worse than THOSE people it will all be great fun! Yeay for civil war!

You keep saying that over and over and it's no more true now than it was a thousand times ago. The only people burning down their neighborhoods aren't Republicans.

Right. Right… and I'm sure those guns are just for show. And self-protection. Against 'voter fraud'.

The stores that were boarded up prior to election day due to fears of violence and looting weren't in Republican neighborhoods.

Are you suggesting that civil unrest is worse in the big cities? I'm shocked.

However, united states would be worth it from the European perspective. With the US gone, who would make and buy great RPGs? :p Poles and Belgians are trying for sure. Would the market be large enough to support making such games?

The refugee RPG developers can always flee to Europe. They'll be welcomed with opened arms here!

It wouldn't be the first case of artists, scholars and intellectuals fleeing a collapsing empire/state, and ending up proliferating ideas and knowledge to the places they immigrate to.

I'm not sure you have much to worry about in regards to the US making great RPGs - when was the last time that actually happened? :lol: Buying might be a problem though…

As far as the election goes, Trump isn't really playing this any differently than Al Gore did in 2000, so far. The real election is on December 14th (that's when the electoral college votes), so if you believe you have legal avenues to pursue, then obviously there's no reason to concede before that date. Trump could also just "pull a Stacey Abrams" (it was rigged!!!11) and never concede. Didn't hurt her, as far as we can tell. Either way, like dteowner already said, if you think Trump's somehow staying in the White House beyond Jan 20 (after losing the EC vote), you've been listening to too much CNN, MSNBC, or other left wing conspiracy theory promoters.

Mr Trump, whatever specific path he takes next, hopes to exploit this large faction of supporters. Such voters, along with those drawn to conspiracies such as QAnon, are the core of his (and his family’s) future political backers, television viewers, rally attendees, donors and buyers of his Trump-branded merchandise. He has just launched a leadership PAC, to let him raise money in the post-election period. That’s much easier to do when voters are enraged at their political opponents. It also suggests he plans to exert influence on congressional candidates and their primary races in the coming months and years. Even insisting on recounts that are doomed to fail can boost Mr Trump personally. Any surplus in fundraising to pay the millions required for a recount in Wisconsin, for example, can be used to pay down other campaign debts.

https://www.economist.com/united-st...publicans-dont-yet-dare-to-cross-donald-trump

From that article as well:
"A Politico/Morning Consult poll, carried out after voting ended last week, suggests 70% of Republicans now don’t believe the election was free and fair, while 64% are sceptical about the results."

If this is true, the US is in more trouble than I thought. Any attempt to try to show evidence otherwise is doomed to fail (how does one prove the non-existence of something?) and will likely be seen as an attempt to cover up.

This makes me sad and worried. Apparently it is true that old saying, that if a lie is repeated often enough, people will start to belive it.

From Reuters come more positive numbers on what people believe of the election:

The Reuters/Ipsos national opinion survey, which ran from Saturday afternoon to Tuesday, found that 79% of U.S. adults believe Biden won the White House. Another 13% said the election has not yet been decided, 3% said Trump won and 5% said they do not know.

If I had the time I'd look up how they worded their surveys.

This is fucking disgusting. We're in plenty of trouble in this country still. We have far too many people who are completely uninterested in the truth and far too many people who don't have a fucking clue what the truth is or how to go about finding it, serving as perfect kindling for whatever fires the first group cares to start.

I'm not sure you have much to worry about in regards to the US making great RPGs - when was the last time that actually happened? :lol: Buying might be a problem though…

Make American RPGs Great Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom