Two Worlds

I don't think the US collectors edition comes with a shirt. I've seen it in the store and it comes in a shiny metal box. I know it comes with a director's commentary\development DVD and a large map among other things. I think it come with some collectors cards as well.

Seeing as how it retails for $59.99 in stores, I'm very happy with the deal I got.

I think it come with some collectors cards as well.

As far as I know, the card game is only in the European collector's edition.

As I read your comments, I'm actually getting more & more interested in this game.

Maybe I'll buy it one day.

As far as I know, the card game is only in the European collector's edition.

Yeah, I'm not really sure to be honest with you. The seller that I purchased it from doesn't live very far, so I think I should receive it by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I'll let you know what the exact contents are when it arrives.

I almost forgot, I think it comes with some kind of tabletop RPG book as well.

This is the copy I won, there isn't much of a description.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140162726974

I can tell you what the NA CE has: not much. It definitely ain't worth the retail price. Here's what you get:

- A "goodies" DVD, which only has music tracks, artwork, the same game vids that were given to the media pre-release and a web site tool kit. Yippee.
- A tabletop RPG book which is a brief amusement, at best.
- Two "cards" that are just codes for special weapons you can "cheat" in for yourself via the console.
- A nice color map (the only good thing, and what suckered me)

I was disapointed, to say the least. Thought I was at least getting the "making of" video. Thank goodness I like the game so much. :)

Got exactly the same stuff in the Aussie CE.

I think Two Worlds is amazing. So far I've collected 4/5 parts of teh relic (heading for the underground water one asap). I think it's awesome how you can wipe out a whole encampment without getting hit once, even at the beginning, if you learn to strafe and backjump, hop back just as the enemies are about to hit you but going for just one more hit ... this is ENTIRELY skill-based, you have to plan how you're gonna hit them, u can set bombs, summon a creature while u hide behind a rock... drop a Meteor spell all boosted up with stacked cards in a group of some scorpions and watch thousands of damage roll off 10+ enemies is seriously ill. not very strong? cook up anything with a permanent effect mixed with something to injest to get the effects, or mix and match and name your own brews until u pass out from lack of sleep... mixing solid stuff like gems together you'll end up with crystals to boost your weapon stats... and so on.. and so on.... 9.5 out of 10. This game is seriously worth the investment if your hardware can handle it, even if multiplayer is blown by dupers hopefully the upcoming 1.6 patch will see this resolved and there can be a thriving community in there... needing to create a new character is fine with me if that's what it'll take! :)

Hi and welcome to the forums. Toronto is a great place. While I wouldn't give the game 9.5 out of 10, it does have a lot to offer.

Hi Corwin! Thanks for the welcome. I still have to stick with 9.5, at least until I've cleared the game - if not Two Worlds, could I ask what RPG you would say deserves a 9.5+? I've been more impressed with this than Oblivion for sure and that got higher 'commercial' ratings in general.

Since my last post I've got the last piece of the relic and seen Gandohar, and I'm happy that it wasn't the endgame just yet!! I still have much to explore, although most locations I can see as being populated on the map are pretty much lit up and cleared out :). I'm hoping the underworld will have more to offer than I've seen so far, I love a good dungeon crawl. I liked having the new enemy (huge snakes with swords) in Ashos temple, but I thought there weren't enough of them. However, trying to group together as many scorpions in the bamboo forest east of there and having them follow me into a nice central killing zone was a bit hard, i guess it's a good thing the monsters give up chasing you after a certain distance from their home area though. I'll have to give this a go on Hard when I've finished the game, and try to find Hoko's sister, since I failed that quest by taking Yatolen's Eye which was protecting the town... I'll have to go back to clear out those Orcs now too... and hopefully there will be another community that moves in there or something soon. It seems that you can keep getting quests by asking for work, I'm wondering just how far that open-endedness will really go.

Hi Corwin! Thanks for the welcome. I still have to stick with 9.5, at least until I've cleared the game - if not Two Worlds, could I ask what RPG you would say deserves a 9.5+? I've been more impressed with this than Oblivion for sure and that got higher 'commercial' ratings in general.
Well, in terms of open exploration first / third person sorts of things, there are only a few others. Oblivion, Gothic 1/2/3, Dungeon Lords are some that come to mind. I would say that Two Worlds is better than Dungeon Lords, but not as good as any of the Gothic games. I don't even want to get into an Oblivion discussion :D

My assessment of Two Worlds is that it has loads to offer, but as has many flaws.

The only game I've ever given a 10 to, is Lazarus!!

heh 9.5 is a bit too much..I'm currently lvl 28 and while I admit that the game is fun, its nowhere near perfect. Sidequests are a lot better than in g3 and gameplay is more rpgish although fast fingers won't hurt :)

In the nutshell this is how I see 2 worlds.

+Varied and fun sidequests (some of them are ofcouse courrier and killing jobs, but few have good backround stories)
+open ended exploring, you can ride from the starting location to the other end of the world if you wish..Although it gets more and more dangerous by every step.
+No awfully ridiculous leveled monsters lists like in oblivion. Wolves are wolves. First times a pack of silver wolves may look like unbeatable, but after gaining some valuable experience you can dispatch packs of wolves in couple of seconds. It feels quite rewarding :)
+Beautifull and intresting world (deep forests, rivers, lakes, mountains, cozy willages). Its a bit similar to gothic. Although I must admit some parts feel quite empty.
+Diverse and fun spells. I'm playing "pure" mage here (fire/water magic). Magic in 2 worlds is rewarding, but not unbalanced (hard difficulty here). Its quite straight forward though, so don't expect to see anything groundbreaking in this area.
+Combat is more character skill based than it was in gothic 3. although it is possible to kill higher level foes. (For example I managed to kill a cyclop with a long spear at lvl 20, took couple of reloads though :D)

+/- Voice acting. I'm not even a native speaker, but dear god it sounds akward sometimes. Using old english is a nice touch and I've grown to like the style, but the dialog itself doesn't always make much sense! Also the way actors deliver their lines is disturbing .Many times either with no emotion at all or totally overacting the situation. Occasionally they manage to do decent job though.
+/- Mainquest doesn't feel very intresting. For some reason I'm not even remotely motivated to rescue my own sister...
+/- Locations. To be honest some of the towns feel really fake. The vllages in the north are very good, but when you reach the capitol city, you can really see how unfinished this game is...

-Only three spell slots. You can"fool" the amulet, but then no bonuses are aplied :/ I wonder why devs made it like this if one of the 3 paths is magic...
-towns & npcs routines are nowhere as good as in gothics or oblivion. Everyone is just standing around doing nothing or walking in circles. Some of them are chopping wood, practicing swordmanship or sleeping, but apart from those its basicly like in morrowind. Nothing is happening. There is supposed to be this big war going on, yet everyone is scratching their own ass! Does it sound familiar to you?!
-Player character can't sleep. Yes you are aweke 24/7
-Day lasts forever, the night only few minutes. (is the cycle bugged?)
-Wearing armor doesn't affect the spell casting. In that sense a battle mage can be as powerfull as the pure mage, not good!
-No blocking with 2 handed weapons (retarded)

Last edited:
Wearing armor doesn't affect the spell casting. In that sense a battle mage can be as powerfull as the pure mage, not good!

I think that just depends on how you look at it. Why does armor have to affect spellcasting? Every game universe is different, Two Worlds is not a D&D game. There's no such thing as a "battle mage" or a "pure mage" in Two Worlds.

Well there has to be a drawback, a reason why a person would prefer robes over armor.

There doesn't necessarily have to be a drawback, just certain bonuses and stat boosters in the robes that aren't available in any armors.

*Edit* Hey, speak of the devil....

My TW Collectors Edition just arrived!

Last edited:
Couldn't find a link to the actual download?

Thanks, now all I have to do is figure out how to damage a Stone Dragon!! :)

Back
Top Bottom