Witcher Abby, evil? Say, what? :) Spoilers!

The Witcher
Hey don't talk about evil Abby that way, she's the meanest, toughest, two fisted potion slinger in the west and she will put the evil eye hex on yo'ass! :p

Lol, I have never gotten email notification about threads. I can see how that would be annoying, doh!

Email notification is an option you can turn off, or on. Just one more service we provide!! :)

Yeah Corwin, it works great! .... Except for threads like this one. :brood: ;)

So basically you're saying that you're tired of receiving mails for unimportant comments like this one? :biggrin::devilish:

Dangit! YOu're worse than all the people that text message me for stupid reasons! ;)

You need to unsubscribe to the thread dude--go to your profile /pm area and uncheck the box and you will no longer be harassed by evil beings making nonsensical posts. :)

How cruel, evil and Abby'esque of you guys and gals to spam Jabberwocky's email account!
Abby indeed would be proud. :happycry:

Hi guys just wanted to say hi ;) LMAO ohhh this is so evil of some of you to keep attacking Jabberwocky's email. You guys should be ashamed:rotfl:

Apologies for a late entry when the debate is almost over but I have come across this thread only today. Many very interesting opinions guys and galls.
Just two cents from me:
1- Abby lied to Geralt about Mikul being a rapist since, during the fight in the inn, one of Salamandras states: "Let's do to her (Shani -z) what we have done to Mikul's girl. She was a screamer!"
2- don't want to post a spoiler but, just as a experiment, try to side with villagers and see what will happen....

@ Zahratustra: Unless, of course, Mikul was also among that group in the first place. Unlikely, true, but possible...

Well, if my e-mail account charged me for every message I get like text messaging does, maybe I would fool with unsubscribing to this thread. As it stands, I hate to spoil everyone's fun, but it is only a minor annoyance. :)

And if I told you that Abigail isn't whom she pretends to be?

Yes yes. I understand. It's all subjective.

I tried siding with the villagers. Something interesting did happen. I lost the fight against the Beast, though, and did something to nuke my savegame so would you mind spoiling me if I missed anything?

LOL I have no idea if you missed anything or not. I have invited people to try to side with villagers simply because, if you do, Abby will (before she dies) curse you in the name of Lionhead Spider. If you already haven't guessed from visiting Lionhead Spider Crypt in Chapter II (or haven't read Last Wish) let me tell you that Lionhead Spider is worshipped by a powerfull sect of necromancers. So our Abby isn't your average village witch at all! She is a necromancer (does her "heart" card make more sense now?) and necromancers aren't widely known as healers or fantasy equivalent of social workers :biggrin:

Last edited:
SEE??!!! I knew she was evil!! LOL....

What we have to remember, in all seriousness, is that The Witcher universe exists in either one form or another, not both at the same time. In other words, it is what we make of it. By the decision to think of Abby 'evil' in my play-through in itself makes her evil. But in another play-through I may choose to see things differently, and she is therefore 'good' in that universe. I think that is a fundemental mechanic of this debate that people are forgetting. - This game world is what you make of it. Whether the devs had a particular idea in mind when creating the characters, it ultimately rests with your own imagination to decide what 'makes them tick.'

I agree Jabberwocky. I don't think that Geralt would consider necromancer as being evil automatically and without exceptions. Besides, what does "being evil" really mean? In Temeria Witchers are considered evil by many.

Yup, that was the interesting thing I had in mind.

I wonder how Acleacius will be able to explain *that* away?

Lionhead Spider and the Eternal Flame are enemies but I don't think the game supposes which is good and which is evil. Considering the the Reverend belongs to Eternal Flame, Abigail may have some political or religious motivation, though. The beauty of the design seems to be that we have to decide things based on the limited amount of knowledge and that some things remain unexplained depending on our actions, just like our experiences in our worlds. As I said before, it must be tough to review this game within a limited time.

Right you are Dusk :) Abigail would have a very good (or very bad) reason to use Geralt to destroy Reverend. But does Revered know that Abby is Lionhead Spider or does he generally dislike what she does?

But does Revered know that Abby is Lionhead Spider...?
Personally, I don't think the Rev knows that since he would accuse her of being a member of such organization more openly. You can find some discussions related with this topic in the Side Quest thread just in case you haven't notice it yet.

Back
Top Bottom