Ad-blocking jumps by 10%

Opera is now saying, on top of their baked in ad blocking, their save 50% battery life over chrome.

I'm not sure Apple's thinking with blocking it - either they are serious about improviong performance/battery life or their holding advertisers hostage for a piece of the action. Anyone with Android programming experience knows that Google practically pushes ad banners down your throat.

One of my colleagues at the University I used to teach at, he now husband used to work for Google. Though he claimed the Doubleclick division no longer had anything to do with the malicious tracking hey used to, I must say of all bald faced lies I've heard...Anyways, one thing he said that did peek my interest was his comment that Google went out of their way not to block adblock in order to maintain goodwill with their users. Wish that thinking applied to their nag popups saying use chrome, make us your homepage, default search, etc.

For a prominent site that is blocking adblocking, try Forbes.com. I've already bypassed it at home.

According to projections made by Juniper Research, by 2020. advertising companies will face a loss of $27 billion. Yes, billion.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/ad-blocking-cost-publishers-27-billion-2020-says-juniper-research

All thanks to ad blockers, not just on PC, but also on phones and other gadgets capable of internet browsing.

Juniper Research did not reveal what interests us, endusers, the most: how much $ will ransomware distributors lose thanks to preventing their scam by using ad blockers.

For a prominent site that is blocking adblocking, try Forbes.com. I've already bypassed it at home.
Someone in comments on the research I've linked to suggests that Forbes can't detect adguard.

Back
Top Bottom