All out of RPGS, please help :(

anachronox is not only my favourite game ever (though very close are gothic, system shock 2 and bloodlines) it is also my favourite movie ever. occasionaly i'll just load up the 2:30 machina movie made of the game and watch some random parts...the only game ever to give me chills its so alive and full of emotion. and even though its a low polygon count game i still think its one of the best looking games even today. i don't think it be possible to even create it with todays technology as there is so much handcrafted stuff everywhere it take a team a decade to make.

I didn't like the ending, but aside from that, it had a lot to offer, especially once you got past the tedium of the first section. PLUS, it wasn't a typical fantasy rpg!!

I didn't like the ending, but aside from that, it had a lot to offer, especially once you got past the tedium of the first section. PLUS, it wasn't a typical fantasy rpg!!

According to the wikipedia the story ended up been only half-finished due to dev problems.

e development team was able to finish only about half of the game, which ends on a major cliffhanger. The story was to be completed in the sequel, but the game was a commercial failure[citation needed], which contributed to the dissolution of Ion Storm.

only ion storm austin was shut down. though some would argue ion storm failed to release anything noteworthy afterword, i would not be one of those people.

Over the summer, I decided to play all the RPG's people raved about, forsaking all else in order to beat these games. Arcanum, Anarchronax, and basically, all Bioware, Black Isle, and Obsidian games. But now, Ive done and run out of good RPG's to play.

Christ on a bike. How did you manage to play all those games through to completion in a couple of months?!
My mind boggles....

At any rate, have you played Deus Ex? It's a FPS/RPG hybrid. Great story, lots of ways in which to approach your goals and there's a diversity of character development options (which tie to the multiple approaches factor).
Highly recommended.

Haha wow, thanks everyone for the suggestions. Also, you tend to have plenty of time to go beat a ton of RPG's after quitting World of Warcraft, and without it I had a ton of spare time after work.

I quit WoW and still don't have time to play much :(

Back
Top Bottom