Anthem... makes me sad.

Combo. Combo, Combo. Combo? Combo! Anyone got a Combo? I've got a Combo.

Looks fun, but a bit...too heavy? Tbh, Andromeda jet pack ( and combat) seemed a lot more fun, it had a nice slide transition plus biotics.
I guess it could be class related ( they went with tank here), but feels they're missing potential here, should be faster, crazier, crazy air dives and twirls.
Play the video with 1.5 speed, kind of feels that's how it should play like ( plus narrator sounds like Salarian).

To me, this still screams "EA wants to get in on the MMO-lite action" and Destiny clone.

Not a bad thing, necessarily - but I will have to see a lot more before I'm excited.

One of the primary issues of Destiny is the lack of RPG elements. When they say Lite - they're not kidding.

Based on these videos - Anthem looks similarly RPG-lite.

Division and Hellgate London are both much more interesting in that way.

Warframe too, except it's incredibly hollow and grindy.

Looks fun, but a bit…too heavy? Tbh, Andromeda jet pack ( and combat) seemed a lot more fun, it had a nice slide transition plus biotics.
I guess it could be class related ( they went with tank here), but feels they're missing potential here, should be faster, crazier, crazy air dives and twirls.
Play the video with 1.5 speed, kind of feels that's how it should play like ( plus narrator sounds like Salarian).

It's the suit and the fact it's the demo point-of-view (spent a lots of time showing what the others are doing).

The Storm should feel more like a MEA biotic + flying all the time (they have the best fly up-time), it even has a similar blink-dodge ability. It's also the "elemental mage".

It's the suit and the fact it's the demo point-of-view (spent a lots of time showing what the others are doing).

The Storm should feel more like a MEA biotic + flying all the time (they have the best fly up-time), it even has a similar blink-dodge ability. It's also the "elemental mage".

Tank was a dumb choice for showcase, but probably you're right.
Still I'd add bit more Vroom, vroom to it.

Everytime I read some newsbit on Anthem, some song is playing in my head. Usually, it is Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.

I get a more real Anthem

Reds sure know how to put a good national song.

Half the size and with less obtruse positioning.

I tend to prefer damage feedback like that - but they shouldn't take up half the screen and cover what you're shooting at.

That would be UI design 101.

Back
Top Bottom