Anyone using a Playstation Dualshock controller with their PC?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I've been trying to get a wireless Dualshock 3 controller to work on my PC without much luck. I've followed several different online guides, but nothing seems to work for me.

I can get Windows to recognize it when it's plugged into a USB port with the mini-USB cable, but I can't get a wireless connection to my Bluetooth dongle no matter what I do.

Anyone here have some experience with this?

If you're referring to the controller, it works fine. I can use it while it's plugged into a USB port just not wireless. It works fine in wireless mode for my PS3.

I've used several Bluetooth drivers with no luck in regards to the controller. Other devices are detected without any issues.

http://www.pcgamer.com/ps4-dualshock-4-on-pc-how-to-make-it-work/

In our testing, the DualShock 4's Bluetooth connection works well in Windows 8 and 8.1. But Windows 7 refuses to keep a connection active with our Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 USB receiver. It's likely a driver issue and may be limited to our specific radio, but others have reported similar issues. It's unfortunate, but right now only the wired connection is guaranteed to work.

JDR, you're on win 7, right?

Nah.. 8.1

I might just need to try a different dongle. Some are more compatible for this than others.

Do it.
btw, you have a friend with PC nearby?
If yes, I'd take the joystick and test at their place too.

Have to disagree. The message is there, he'll choose.

I used a PS4 one with TW3 for the first time and it worked fine.

This was the first time I have used a controller on a PC in years. Last time was back in the late 90's when a group of us use to get together to play NHL.

It seems most games now are coming out for controllers over keyboard and mouse so instead of complaining I figured I might as well give it a try.

I must say I did enjoy it on some of the late nights with TW3 being able to lay back and play.

Did you set the bluetooth address that the controller should connect to ? You have to do this at least once when it is connected by usb cable. Maybe on windows the driver/some app does that automatically, on linux you run a simple command.

The controller will remember that address until you connect to your ps3 again.

I had this working a few years back. Can't remember exactly what I did, but I remember that I used the MotionInJoy drivers.

MotionInJoy didn't work for me for some reason, but I finally got it working using SCP DS3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuxXUKN1vz8

Sheesh.. what a PITA. I probably spent around 4 or 5 hours before I finally found the setup that worked, but now all I have to do is press the PS button on my Dualshock 3 and it automatically connects to my PC wirelessly.

Sure, I could have saved myself some trouble and just purchased an Xbox controller, but I vastly prefer the feel of the Dualshock.

Ironically, it's also using Xbox 360 drivers, so my PC actually thinks it's a 360 controller.

Back
Top Bottom