Baldur's Gate: The Beginning

I really liked Dynaheir! Her accent and portrait were great, and she didn't seem to repeat herself as much as some of the others (though she probably did). I finished BG1 with her, I'm pretty sure. Really too bad she didn't make it into BG2. I'd much rather have her along than Aerie or some of the others.

I like Minsc in theory. Thinking about him I can remember his voice and wacky sayings. And the games wouldn't be the same without him. But actually playing with him gets to be too much. He's constantly yelling, and really it's about the same 2-3 jokes over and over. Oh, well. Just my opinion.

Viconia will leave your party if your reputation reaches 18/20.

I guess I screwed up just enough along the way to keep her bitchy but loyal!

Woot!

I've got BG2 installed on my Boot Camp partition via GOG. I'm going to try to actually finish it this time. I might make a thread for my experiences and questions... Gotta have something to post about during slow times at work.

Well, I'm off to Irenicus' prison!

Enjoy! I might go back to Irenicus' dungeon myself (only if that damned cataclysm isn't coming out so soon... damnit! choices, choices...)

I absolutely loved Anomen romance... ;) I suppose I enjoyed it because I wasn't expecting anything. I never knew there's romance in BG2.

I also loved Minsc, along with Lilarcor (talking sword), cespanar and the spectator :D

ooooooohh I might actually forget about WoW and go back to BG2.... *so tempted*

Pff, if you're even remotely hooked on WoW, you know you'll be playing it from Tuesday 7th (Cataclysm release date) and all the way through Christmas at least! ;)

Well thanks to this thread, I am once again in an adventure along the Sword Coast. I installed tutu, so I'm playing BG1 under BG2's engine and enhancements. My character is a half-elven Shapeshifter, just because it's hilarious to run around talking to people while shifted into a Werewolf form.

On the "Rogue Druid Grove" part of the game -

Spoilers below!++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good ol Jaheira, it was cool to have the choice to have her battle Faldorn solo! I summoned the Nymph and busted out her flameblade, and it was over. I tried it again (because i wanted to try one-on-one hand to hand battle w/ staves or flame blade), trying to cast Dispel on Faldorn's Iron Skins spell, but to no avail. Faldorn's iron skin outlasted me every time. Hindsight, I should have put IronSkin in Jah's spell retinue and been equally matched. I definitely saw the validity of Iron Skin tho during that fight, it was pretty potent stuff.

The only thing I don't like about the AD&D games is the reliance on potions/scrolls/spells to buff up charcters. You really can't get around it in any of the major battles and I find it some what tedious to buff up my characters every time I'm entering a decent battle.

It's a bit tiresome at times, I spent a couple minutes before the big Troll Mound throwdown casting everything possible on my crew. Makes you want to quicksave right then and there just in case something goes awry. Then I walked in there and mopped the floor with them, quite a difference from the first time when I ran the hell out of there with everyone on death's door.

It didnt help that we were all fatigued the first time and walked into more than we expected, but still - the buffs (especially Haste) makes all the difference in the world.

Haste has always been a super deadly spell. So was Slow before it got a saving throw.

(Didn't Haste age you a year back in the original rules? Oh! Yes it did, now I remember! My mage was stuck without a body and needed to possess somebody. His son would be perfect and even agreed to the process. The DM said that it would still be evil because the boy was only two years old. Hmph. Haste…haste….haste… memorize… haste… haste…. ah, now he's 18! Do you want to be possessed by your dad, kiddo? The DM did not buy it and I lost my Neutral Good alignment. Harrumph! ;))

Yeah, an improved haste is even better! I used that spell over and over. Since I'm more of a brute force type of player, it really helped with the battles.

I think Improved Haste is correctly powered for a 6th level spell though. What makes Haste so advantageous is the 40' aoe, allowing you to haste your entire party if you huddle them together. Imo it should have been at least a 4th level spell.

yeah. It took me about 1/3 of the game to realize that I could haste all my characters with one spell! Magic is not my forte!

Using it twice without resting will fatigue your characters though, so be careful. It's a very powerful spell, but you should have a secure place to rest if you cast it a second time.

wasnt aware of that at first, i was wondering why everyone was complaining when we'd just rested a little while - theyd been speeding on Haste the last two battles!

I got surprised by a werewolf - tell ya, Aerie definitely earned her keep that fight. If it hadnt been for her hoarding the random wands that the party has been accumulating up to that point, it may have been curtains. Barely pulled that one off, one tough mother she was…

Have almost gone through bg1 for the second time since it´s release and was planning on continuing through bg2

Do you fine experts have any recommendations for mods to use with bg2/bhaal

cheers
M

Back
Top Bottom