Bethesda Softworks - Elder Scrolls 6 Confirmed

The part where he says fans might say they don't have the technology… I'm hoping that means they're getting rid of gambryo and developing with something better.

A big demand for immersion. FO4 showed signs of design for partial VR. At times, scenes were designed to be experienced through VR.

Nothing like being fully designed for VR support from top to bottom.

TES 6 might be designed that way, from bottom to top. Which means that the main experience will be experienced with an VR headset.

At the moment, the VR technology comes with some problems Bethesda or others do not want to deal with, like motion sickness.

The technological solutions are expensive and the VR headset will not be enough to introduce the necessary economy of scale.

A market like the cell phones already has. No cell phone user needs the screen quality a VR headset will since only a few human beings are going to be able to tell the difference in resolution or even in colours.

This scheme has to go through selling unnecessary equipment to a large market before VR is accessible to a large audience as TES 6 attracts.

It takes time.

The problem with VR is that a very small number of people have one at this time. If they want to sell another 3 million games, they will either have to wait till that changes, or make a game that also works well without VR.

Well, let us see if it'll be another 5.8 years wasted or not, hopefully they'll hire some artists, game designers, and story writers this time. Instead of having the radiant AI do all of those jobs.

But .. but ... algorithms are so much cheaper... that way we can spend millions on PR

Honestly, don't have any interest in this if they keep going in current video game Frankenstein( Sims+action+rpg+amusement park+romances+minecraft+god knows what else) direction.
And in five years, they'll have even stronger competition than they do currently.

But .. but … algorithms are so much cheaper… that way we can spend millions on PR

And it will still sell millions of copies. Want story? Use mods or play Witcher 3. They build the sandbox but the users DM it.

Yeah, I can't wait for more revolutionary Bethesda generic gaming!

eJ05vfb.jpg

Used to have one of these exemplary showcases for Gamebryo_FantasyV as well, but alas I deleted it.

A big demand for immersion. FO4 showed signs of design for partial VR. At times, scenes were designed to be experienced through VR.

I'm not all that excited by VR to be honest. I'm not against it and hope it's what everyone dreams it could be.

There are so many other things about the TES series I'd like to see improved that have nothing to do with how the game is experienced (VR, game controller, 3D etc.) such as:

-Build the PC version with a proper PC UI. Imagine what modders could do if their starting point was a proper PC UI.

-Eliminate or greatly reduce 'cell loading.' See Witcher 3, Gothic Series, Ultima Series etc.

-Reverse course on some of the streamlining. Bring back more equipable slots. Bring back the medium armor type. Bring stats back a little more to the forefront. Stuff like that.

This list could actually be a bit lengthy. But you get my point.

Skyrim came out in 2011? Holy smokes, where'd the time go? Well Oblivion was released in 2006, so that's a 5 year pipeline. By that schedule they should already be coming out with ES6. I guess the online game must have soaked up a lot of those resources. Too bad really.

Feeling old today...

The company has bought too many franchises / other companies, but hasn't grown it's core set of 100-200 devs since Morrowind. So of course, time between releases is going to increase quite a bit. That's how they managed the increased workload, by stretching it out (and doing less with each release)…

When he talks about not having the technology, he might just mean they haven't developed the software yet to realise their vision. I'd be surprised if it's developed specifically for VR. It'll be many years before/if VR devices have saturated the market to make VR a sensible target for major AAA games, and there's still every chance they will fail.

Bring on Valenwood, baby!

Or literally any other province we haven't seen in their single-player games yet. I'm not picky. :p

I am hearing also Hammerfell or the Black Marsh as well.

Last I heard, Black Marsh is still mostly uninhabitable by any race other than Argonians.

Apparently, some rare cat-type creature civilization may exist there, but lots of the Marsh is still completely unexplored so no one knows if they are extinct or not.

More info in this video of 5 rare Elder Scrolls races - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHirn93DlfI

Statement then question.

I didn't play fallout 4, watched my boys play bits of it on PS4.

I just watched the new prey video(again) and the graphics seem to be an improvement over Fallout 4. Would I be wrong in saying this, does it not look like they have an improved engine now?

Statement then question.

I didn't play fallout 4, watched my boys play bits of it on PS4.

I just watched the new prey video(again) and the graphics seem to be an improvement over Fallout 4. Would I be wrong in saying this, does it not look like they have an improved engine now?

Prey is being developed by Arkane not Bethesda. I'm not sure what engine they're using, but it's definitely not Gamebryo.

Summerset Isle would allow them to continue the Altmer/Thalmor story. Also, Sloads. :D

If you don't know what Sloads are, watch the video I posted about the rare races of Tamriel. :)

I just hope for the next game they at least don't streamline the armor system anymore. In fact, bring back individual left & right pauldrons and gauntlets, as well as greaves separate from cuirass.

If I want to dress my character in all mis-matched armor, let me do that. :D

Also, how about truly optional quest markers? I mean, bring back the having to talk to NPCs to get locations for those who want to do that. They started Skyrim with some of that in the Golden Claw/Riverwood quest, so expand on that. Have an NPC walk you to a crossroad, tell you where to go from there and then you can explore and find it.

Or, if you want to just turn on quest markers, you can. Options can help make both people happy if they are implemented in a clever way. :)

Back
Top Bottom