Birthday Thread

24th, Jul
26th, my name-day
29th, my birthday
30th, me and my cohabit's year-day
31st, new years eve

These days are usually the most stressful for me in the year. :D

Do you get gifts for all those days?

Thankfully my special days are a bit more spread throughout the year. Although my wife's birthday is on the 17th of december. The period between 17 and 29 is nice, as I can claim that she's 2 years older than me in stead of just one. (actually she's one year 12 days older, but THAT'S BESIDE THE POINT!).

Hmmm - my son-in-law has birthday on the 20th. I knew I should have sabotaged that relationship.

Do you get gifts for all those days?

My cohabit have made it a tradition to always remember my name-day in a lighthearted fashion with a cheap present. This year I got a starwars paintbook for children :) My mother often give me a phonecall at least. When I was younger my second-name-day was often celebrated as it was a birthday and still today I tend to get a cheap present then too. I often get fewer birthday presents than I get Christmas gifts, but I often get the most expensive gift on my birthday instead of Christmas.

And we often try to do something together the 30th that doesn't take too much work, like a visit to the movies.

Thankfully my special days are a bit more spread throughout the year. Although my wife's birthday is on the 17th of december. The period between 17 and 29 is nice, as I can claim that she's 2 years older than me in stead of just one. (actually she's one year 12 days older, but THAT'S BESIDE THE POINT!). Hmmm - my son-in-law has birthday on the 20th. I knew I should have sabotaged that relationship.

Lol. I lived up with a friend who had her birthday the 31st. :D

Level 55! Yay! (assuming it's the 29th)

I didn't know it was your birthday as well. Only Jemy's showed up in the forums. In any case Happy Belated Brithday.

Level 55 makes more sense to me now, I thought you posted in the wrong thread. :lol:

Plus, I'm also wondering what a name day is. Sounds like some sorta right of passage.

Happy Birthday, pibbur. Your dates must be hidden. In a week or so it will be my turn, and I'll have you beat by six levels. It's almost young skavenhorde's time, too. The place is swarming with Capricorns. ;)

"Their naturally pessimistic nature is the foundation of their wry sense of humor, which some find not humorous at all..."

Happy Birthday, pibbur and Jemy! :flower: I hope you had a good one.

It's almost young skavenhorde's time, too. The place is swarming with Capricorns. ;)

Sea Goats have a natural tendency to love RPGs. After all we are the serious thinkers out of the bunch. :lol:

I can't believe you remembered that my birthday was coming up. I'm lucky if anyone in my family remembers it at all. :greengrin:

I can't believe you remembered that my birthday was coming up. I'm lucky if anyone in my family remembers it at all. :greengrin:

It helps that it's only one day different than mine. ;) (And a few dozen years..sigh...)

@magerette: It's not hidden anymore. And since I'm a Capricorn, I don't believe in astrology. :)

Regarding name days - JemyM knows more about it than I, as it afaik is a Swedish thing - we don't pay much attention to it in Norway. At the moment. But we do tend to pick up what the swedes do, so maybe…

Anyhow: Each day is associated with a couple of names, and on the day with your name it's time for celebration. In addition to your birthday. And christmas. And the day you win in the big lottery. And so on.

On the Norwegian list, the names of today are "David", "Diana" and "Dina". Yesterday (my birthday) was "Vidar" and "Vemund", which are not even close to my real name. But on january 9th comes "Gunnar", which is my second name. Maybe I should claim more presents then. WIFE: ARE YOU LISTENING?

I see that there is no day for "Pibbur". But then, any day is a pibbur-day so: YAY!

*Gunnar* indeed--that is so Scandoid. I can't talk though--my grandfather's name was Ragnar. ;) Thanks for explaining the name day thing--it sounds a lot like astrology, actually--that is, sort of arbitrary.

Happy Birthday from me as well ! :)

We also have the "name day" here, but I know only very, very few people who celebrate it.

Am I right in thinking that name day is the feast day of the saint you were named after? In USA we don't pay much attention to that anymore, but it was a tradition here.

I've never heard of a Saint Corwin; perhaps I could begin a new tradition!! :)

Erm, there's a St. Corbinian… and 'Corwin' is a variant of Corbinian (all from Latin corvus). Name day (at least in Germany) is Sep 8.

That is all we need, Corwin now relating himself to the Saints????
( Does anyone think the head in his avatar pic got bigger?) :cm:

Back
Top Bottom