Blizzard games coming to game pass

Count me surprised they're actually bringing most Blizzard games to game pass.
I guess, they're still gonna sell them separately also.
I wonder if/when they're coming to non-Battle.net platforms.

WoW is not on the list. I guess why give up a second subscription.

I would honestly have been surprised if they didn't come to that platform, considering what MS paid for them :)

That said, for my part, there's exactly one Blizzard game I would care about being on GP - and that's Diablo 4.

But I have no problem buying my games separately.

I find myself looking at Game Pass in much the same way I look at Netflix.

As in, lots of stuff on there - and some of it might even be great. I'm just invariably not in the mood for any of it.

I'm very much against subscriptions out of principle. Though they may not feel like they are different, games and shows/movies feel very differently in terms of which I want to own, and not just lose upon not paying for the subscription anymore. Plus I generally try to get on bluray whatever I consider a must-own.

I have a feeling the window will slide every slowly towards subscription, until buying individual games will be a niche. And gradually they will have increased pricing, just to own. And then we'll probably not even have a choice. Of course, it's likely it won't happen in my lifetime. So, I guess that's at least good.

It's like the whoever the WEF guy said, we'll own nothing and be happy about it. :(

Wonder if that means Diablo 3 & 4 as well. Will they still need a battle.net account?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom