Conan Exiles - New Footage

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted this PC Gamer article about the upcoming survival RPG Conan Exiles:

Conan Exiles dev diary talks survival tactics, teases new footage

Funcom's slant on Robert E. Howard's Conan the Barbarian is fast approaching its January 31 Early Access launch. Its latest developer diary explores how you'll go about staying alive in the incoming open-world survival game, teasing some new in-game footage along the way.

[...]

More information.

This looks really nice. Not many games delve into egyptian/greek lore, whether it's based on Robert E. Howard's work or not. However, I find it a waste of resources for developers to be creating a trailer for an Early Access release date.

How much will PvP be part of this game?

"Capturing thralls and breaking their will on the wheel of pain!" Sounds like this game has some interesting mechanics. I hope this turns out to be a decent game.

Ugh...i hate early access..especially for a game like this one that im really interested in.

I never like to spoil my experience with a game by playing the unfinished game but since it will probably sit in early access until early 2019 i'll probably give in at some point...

Watched some of the stream, animations and hit reactions/effects need heavy improvement.
Could be interesting for it's setting, but needs some kind of storyline to make it worthwhile.

Early access+survival game - I've heard this story so many times :)))
Steam is full with trash that start like this end never get finished or get released in an broken state only so can tell that "the game is out of early access"

And the worst part is that usually these games don t have any story whatsoever, "you make the story :)))" well that worked in DayZ, Rust, Life is Feudal: Your Own, in ARK: Survival Evolved... but I for one got really fast bored of rebuilding my base because when i wake up, or come back from work somebody raid it and killed all of us in the sleep.

Also"thralls" ? why don't call them what they really are : slaves.

The wheel of pain is not Howard.

Other than that,solo play will be available as it is in many other MMO.

Considering that a large share of the activity will be dedicated to collect and build, it might be better to avoid solo play.

The avatar idea could turn the whole thing in a wheel of pain.

Going on a server hosting streamers for example could be nightmarish: these guys make a show and usually enjoy the support of an army of minions in any product of this type to implement their ideas of fun in the show.

Releasing an avatar for the lolz on some other people could one of their ideas of fun.
The guy who soloed the construction of his settlement would be given a version of the wheel of pain.

I won't be spending a penny on this till it is actually out and a friend or two checks the thing. I'm a huge Howard fan, but lots of people involved in these games and even the books seem to miss some of the fundamentals of the genre.

I dont know details but they said there is SINGLE player, guys. But you must be online afaik.

It's probably like Ark and some of the other group survival games in that you'd select a 'local host' as the server to connect to (instead of an open server), which then sets up a game world that other players can't join.

It would be fun to have a RPGWatch server when the game is finished. Early access starts 1-31-17 and the developer said they will be in EA for a year. So we are over a year away from release but it looks like it could be fun. Can play as single player also.

Back
Top Bottom