Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed to November 19th

It is easier to blame consoles for this delay but such blame (*if* we're treating this delay as someone's fault) should fall on the developers.

... because the developers spend time on console implementation? ;)

I get what you are saying, and this was certainly never meant to be a PC exclusive.
But there are certain aspects to console implementation that can/did cause an extension, such as certain issues with next gen releases, compatibility.

I think we have to consider the old pandemic situation, too. As well as throwing a spanner in the works of development, it's also made a lot of companies nervous about their release schedules - they might get a boost to online sales, but the physical sales could take a big hit depending on how things shake out. So it might not be development issues, but driven by business thinking.

What kind of share do physical sales have on AAA releases these days?

What kind of share do physical sales have on AAA releases these days?

Not sure on the figure, but the report I read said this was a significant concern, particularly in the console market.

Don't know how you guys have it, but November is a perfect time for gaming here up north. I am glad that they postponed the release. I did play the tabletop game in the early 90s and it was my favorite RPG (probably still is). I also found the Witcher series among my favorites. This will be good. Any further delays will be disappointments, but this one fitted my schedule perfectly. As people say here, better a more finished game a couple of months later than a buggy mess. I have stopped buying day one releases because it seems that releasing buggy games is acceptable these days. Will make an exception with this one.

I'm excited for 2077 to release but in no particular rush. I don't really obsess much over release dates anymore. Got plenty of backlog and plenty of great games already, and no lack of interesting things coming along regularly enough.

Back
Top Bottom