Cyberpunk 2077 - Interviews on Design

Back to this, there was recent interview with Pondmith by some Ytuber:

I will interpret that as some kind of partial agreement to a disagreement ;)

That's cool!

Pun intended ;)

Also, that Pondsmith guy.

Now he's cool - especially his voice. Charismatic as hell, too ;)

One funny thing: seems fatties, like in Judge Dredd, are in the game.

Cyberpunk%202077%20multiplayer_0.png

"fat people on rascals can show up as enemies. I’m not even joking, during the beginning house raid v shoots one in his chair causing it to spark and spin out"

" One of the binding philosophies of the game is that your actions have consequences, that also goes back to the original sources in the tabletop game. In the tabletop game, there is no system for karma- good things, and so forth. But you can pretty much guess that if you blow away some guy in a gang, his gang’s going to remember, and they’re going to find you. That is realistic, that is the way things really go,” he said.

“Sometimes karma isn’t really meted out in a nice, neat “dark side, light side” way. Sometimes it comes and bites you in the butt in ways you never expected. We were kidding the other day in the office about that moment when you’re driving on the freeway, and somebody cuts you off, and you flip them off, and then you go into the bank, and there’s the guy you flipped off behind the counter! This sort of stuff happens!

Karma is not a black and white thing. But your actions do have consequences. In the original trailer, I loved the fact that the music piece they picked was called Personal Responsibility because it sort of said everything right there.”

"“We have an awful lot of stuff that we want to do,” explained Pondsmith; “and it’s going to take time to do it. And I’m hoping the fans are going to give us the time to do it.

The game we have right now is pretty damn close to what I would have built if I built it alone myself in a broom closet. I look at things in there and I just go; ‘Oh my God, that’s perfect. That’s just downright perfect.’ But to get that kind of perfection does take time. It takes iteration.

Speaking about the decision not to show gameplay to the public, Pondsmith stated that it was; “very smart now to show the whole world gameplay. If we’re going to do stuff that has never been done before – or has never been done the way we’re doing it – we need space, we need time, and we need the privacy to mull it over. If we have too many cooks in the kitchen we’re not going to get a good dinner out of it.”

Back
Top Bottom