Dead State - Beta Patch #1 Released

The above makes no sense whatsoever, and the comparison to cats and dogs is laughable. I'd argue that sure, a lot of the people on RPGWatch value story highly. Some are more into mechanics and gameplay. Most however, care about both. If I only cared about story I would play totally different games than I do. Or better yet, watch a movie.

How does it make no sense?

This is a public place that is produced by the various additional posted content.

The content here is vastly oriented toward story, much less about gameplay.

If millions of lurkers have an interest in gameplay, it does not show in this forum as they do not express themselves.

So how does it make no sense?

How does it make no sense?

This is a public place that is produced by the various additional posted content.

The content here is vastly oriented toward story, much less about gameplay.

If millions of lurkers have an interest in gameplay, it does not show in this forum as they do not express themselves.

So how does it make no sense?

Because out of all the discussion I've participated on in this forum, including with you, I've hardly ever discussed story. I've discussed mechanics and gameplay. Maybe mechanics and gameplay are two different things for you, you might put something in the word "gameplay" that I don't understand. But if anything, I would say this site is much more geared toward gameplay than story. With the exeption of just a few games (PS:T, VtMB, Fallout and maybe a handful more) alot of people here hardly remembers the stories of their favourite games. I know I don't...

Gameplay = Set of all game mechanics used by a game

Narrative (often simply called Story in computer games context) = sum of all decisions and the resulting actions (from player and characters) plus background story of a game
a) in one specific playthrough or
b) all possible playthroughs

Because out of all the discussion I've participated on in this forum, including with you, I've hardly ever discussed story. I've discussed mechanics and gameplay. Maybe mechanics and gameplay are two different things for you, you might put something in the word "gameplay" that I don't understand. But if anything, I would say this site is much more geared toward gameplay than story. With the exeption of just a few games (PS:T, VtMB, Fallout and maybe a handful more) alot of people here hardly remembers the stories of their favourite games. I know I don't…
At best, that is 747 posts.

At best, that is 747 posts.

Ha, true. But then you're only counting MY posts, and I'm pretty sure I've seen posters with much higher pstt count than I discuss gameplay too. Hidden X has some posts… Joxers are often about gameplay too (respawns are a mechanic), as is Darts (although alot of his is also about presentation which I can agree is not the same thing as gameplay). And…your own 2000 posts? I've rarely seen you comment on something that isn't gameplay related. Your opinion might differ from mine, but as usual, you really have to stop stating things as truth when it is only your humble opinion. "This forum is mainly for people who are more interested in story than gameplay." Umm, no. Both have their place, but if you would actually count the posts that relate to either of those two, I'm guessing gameplay is discussed alot more. Then again, I've only got 700 posts so I can't have read that many discussions right… ;)

Back
Top Bottom