Demons Age - Releases June 30th

A release trailer without an official announcement? Strange.
This project doesn't look like professional work. I hope I'm wrong as I'd really like to have a nice turn-based game with companions.

edit: At least the publisher has the announced release date on the game's website.

Last edited:
I preordered it yesterday for 40 Euros.

I expect the game to be in a real bad state, but I hope that the right people will make it work with mods.

I never came to terms with the cancellation of Chaos Chronicles....

Definitely not a day one purchase but I'll keep an eye out for reviews.

Pros:

Turn-based tactical combat on a hex grid

OGL (i.e., 3.5 D&D ruleset)

Graphics look "good enough"

Companions have their own agendas / backstories which might conflict with the PC

Cons:
Being released concurrently on consoles so UI / controls might not be optimized for PC (the beta previews I've seen all appeared to be using a gamepad- hopefully still plays well with KB & M)

Generic Fantasy Medieval setting

Appears to be heavily combat focused (One of the things that appealed to me about Chaos Chronicles was there was supposed to be extensive dialogue trees with lots of choice & consequence)

Website doesn't inspire confidence in developer's grasp of the English language; I assume Bigmoon is based in a country where English isn't the primary language and can only hope they hired a native English speaker to edit the game's text and merely overlooked the dev website. The official game site still lists coming Q12016 so it's possible they're just not good at marketing.

Graphics are only "good enough" (I swear Chaos Chronicles previews looked better)

I played it for 40 hours with KBM and it plays fine. It is basically a gold box game with better graphics and minimal story. Think ToEE and you'll have the idea. It is fairly decent actually with fun, tactical battles. The rest of the game was not as deep as the combat, but this was over a year ago. Anyone looking for AD&D combat will like messing with this.

I played it for 40 hours with KBM and it plays fine. It is basically a gold box game with better graphics and minimal story. Think ToEE and you'll have the idea. It is fairly decent actually with fun, tactical battles. The rest of the game was not as deep as the combat, but this was over a year ago. Anyone looking for AD&D combat will like messing with this.

You mentioned the gold box games and I am intrigued. Do we have the usual classes and class mixing? Are there good spells? Are the companions any good and provide another layer of interactivity? What about choices and consequences, factions .. etc.?

Combat isn't enough for me. I need some kind of interesting story and some decent exploration.

Sounds like this won't have that?

We can only hope that they intentionally left story / dialogue out of the early test builds to avoid spoilers or because they were still a WIP. But probably not :( However, I did see some mention of puzzles.

Is this on Steam? 40 euros so about 49 bucks US!
not without some bonafide reviews

Played it in Alpha like Archangel and the game was in a very rough state but playable. My biggest dissappointment was the lack of response from the devs when we tried to adress issues, etc. If they haven't done bugfixing, smoothing things out (incl. adding explanation to skills, etc) and if they don't respond to reports I don't think I can recommend this game to anyone.

Is this on Steam? 40 euros so about 49 bucks US!
not without some bonafide reviews
$49 isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things (at least in the US) but it's the principle of it. Absolutely no way I'd pre-order this thing. Because chances are it's another Sword Coast Legends debacle, or even worse.

Played it in Alpha like Archangel and the game was in a very rough state but playable. My biggest dissappointment was the lack of response from the devs when we tried to adress issues, etc. If they haven't done bugfixing, smoothing things out (incl. adding explanation to skills, etc) and if they don't respond to reports I don't think I can recommend this game to anyone.
Based on what I learned from that Alpha I don't trust these guys to preorder. Maybe the game is very good and cool but we will find that out once it is released.

Based on what I learned from that Alpha I don't trust these guys to preorder. Maybe the game is very good and cool but we will find that out once it is released.

I don't trust them either - especially for the fact that they just got the game into their hands because of the legal rights mumbo Jumbo.

I preordered just for the fact that they release it boxed and I support every publisher who does so. That is the reason I did not buy Sword Coast Legends.

I did.

Any word yet if this will be coming to Steam? I have been looking for some kind of new news since we are a couple weeks from said release

I ordered a boxed version from Amazon. I think the lack of a Steam page bodes badly though given we're so close to the release date. There isn't much of a pre-release buzz for this one.

Edit: according to this thread the dev has confirmed a Steam release on the same date. Read into it what you will. If its true, it's weird they haven't sorted it yet. Even Grimoire has a Steam page these days....
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/7/1354868867708198202/

Last edited:
Any word yet if this will be coming to Steam? I have been looking for some kind of new news since we are a couple weeks from said release

you can see the steam logo in the trailer, its steam page will probably be live on release day

I ordered a boxed version from Amazon. I think the lack of a Steam page bodes badly though given we're so close to the release date. There isn't much of a pre-release buzz for this one.

Edit: according to this thread the dev has confirmed a Steam release on the same date. Read into it what you will. If its true, it's weird they haven't sorted it yet. Even Grimoire has a Steam page these days….
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/7/1354868867708198202/

That is very brave of you for this game. I like stuff like this & I am hoping it is good; I just wouldn't bet $60 on it.

Back
Top Bottom