Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Preorder Packs Revealed

Me likes this stuff. I'm just wondering what they are going to do with the "augmented edition" (=CE) of the game. Will they have two versions of that one as well or will you be getting all of the preorder boni in one package if you buy the CE? Does anyone know?

Me likes this stuff. I'm just wondering what they are going to do with the "augmented edition" (=CE) of the game. Will they have two versions of that one as well or will you be getting all of the preorder boni in one package if you buy the CE? Does anyone know?
Pre-Order bonuses tend to be independent of edition, so say Store Y had Bonus A, then both the CE and SE from that store would have Bonus A. Store X could have Bonus B, and the two editions there would get Bonus B.

It's based on store, not edition.

Thanks. That sounds reasonable. If so I think I'll keep an eye out for a store that sells the AE with the sniper rifle and the shotgun.

So if they are adding or subtracting missions for first come first serve then it is truly not Dues Ex because if they do you will be thoroughly confused within the game . Dwagginz, do you play your games on XBOX ? if you do thats ok but this type of marketing is geared to console players , which i am not so i cant appreciate Gamestops marketing ploys.

So if they are adding or subtracting missions for first come first serve then it is truly not Dues Ex because if they do you will be thoroughly confused within the game . Dwagginz, do you play your games on XBOX ? if you do thats ok but this type of marketing is geared to console players , which i am not so i cant appreciate Gamestops marketing ploys.
Who said they're subtracting missions? And even if they did subtract one (I would say it's more likely they're adding one, possibly based around the other weapons) then it would be non-essential to the story and as such not be vital to the enjoyment of the game. A game is a complete experience without DLC. What you get on the disc (Or when you download it) is the complete experience. DLC and other content adds to that experience, but your experience is no less complete without it. I completed Mass Effect 2 before all the post-release DLC came out, and the DLC has not made me "thoroughly confused" with the game, nor has it for any other game that's had DLC attached to it.

And no, I do all my gaming on the PC. I find your "attack" on the console players quite distasteful, though. This comes from the stores, it does NOT come from the players.

Im sorry if i offended you in any way . they are subtracting a mission in the game to add it to the pre order, and i did say the issue is with Gamestop it is not the players fault of what the market is pushing . Your reasons to stick up for The marketing ploy to get you to walk in to there store is baffling , I still say its petty way to do business. No matter how you try to justify pre order DLC i and many others still say it suck !!! Game ON.;)

This thing also encourages people to blindly pre-order, rather than wait for the RPGWatch review before deciding. It's really shameless pressure tactics…

they are subtracting a mission in the game to add it to the pre order
And your source for this claim is... ?

and i did say the issue is with Gamestop it is not the players fault of what the market is pushing . Your reasons to stick up for The marketing ploy to get you to walk in to there store is baffling , I still say its petty way to do business.
It's not just Gamestop, though. Many stores jump on the exclusives and pre-orders bandwagon. GAME in the UK does it quite a bit, too. I've still got my Mirror's Edge t-shirt somewhere...

And why is it petty? What's so petty about them trying to get your business? At the end of the day, a store wants YOU to buy THERE. THEY want YOUR money, and if they can secure a deal to offer you something extra in order to get your money, then the little extra has done its job, hasn't it? It's no different to your local supermarket offering shampoo on buy-one-get-one-free.

This thing also encourages people to blindly pre-order, rather than wait for the RPGWatch review before deciding. It's really shameless pressure tactics…
Yes, it does, but that's also why publishers (and developers) put information out there before the game's release in order to get interest and pre-orders. Sometimes you win with a pre-order (Mirror's Edge! <3) and sometimes you lose. It's the way it goes, and it's the same with movies. You might wait in a queue for six hours to see a movie, but it could be utterly rubbish.

You're using comparisons with other bad things, as a way of making a bad thing ok.

Other bad things should be good :)

Seriously, this is pure greed. You can either support it in gaming or go against it.

Personally, I think greed should go facilitate itself somewhere outside my beloved gaming hobby, but I'll live.

However, it comes down to this:

If Deus Ex: HR feels complete and wholesome without the preorder crap, I'd be fine with this. If it turns out they actively remove from the original design, and sell pieces of the original vision "on the side" - they're part of the ongoing trend of breaking games for profit. If that's "ok" to you, you should perhaps follow that trend and line of thinking to its end, and imagine what games will become if we accept it - as consumers.

Personally, I think preordering should never affect the gaming experience. Simply set the price point lower - and people can decide if they want to take the chance. That's MORE than enough incentive. People don't need more incentives. If the stores want to play hard-to-get, we should show them that the digital download option is the natural next step in this gaming industry. There's no way around it, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom