Development Updates (Aledorn, Saregnar, Wardens of Chaos, Revolution, Aeolwyn, Sft Outbreak)

Kordanor

Wastelander
Just made my round of checking new release schedules and updates of some of the games on my list of games I might potentially want to play. Several were not super public, or I only got answers when I asked. Probably not worth any news article on the front page, but wanted to share to those interested:

Aledorn: As there was no real updates recently and links to FB and Discord were dead, I asked via mail. Developer confirmed that they are still working on it, but time is limited and they are focusing working on the game. I notified them that the Discord and Facebook Links they had on the webpage were dead and they updated the discord link. You can find their discord here: https://discord.gg/ZwPVvbtBcG
Not much to see there, but I guess if you want to keep in the loop that might be a good option.

Call of Saregnar: Demo is Planned for Patreon Supporters in a few weeks. They are likely to become available to everyone shortly thereafter.

Wardens of Chaos: I checked in Discord and they were mentioning that they are working on a demo. They are also preparing for kickstarter. They recently changed away from grid based/turn based over to freeroaming and realtime.

Revolution: the Spark: Just when I was checking other games someone poked the developers there and they immedately replied. The reason why there hasn't been any update in communication is because they halted development. Team is still together but they are struggling finding a publisher. They need at least 6-9 more months to have a build they can show to the public once they have funding. Until that point this team (10 core people + 5 part time) work on other projects

Aeolwyn's Legacy: Work on behind the scenes stuff is going on, not much visible update. They also lost their lead artist and are looking for a new one (so in case you are interested...). Confirmed yesterday, they are still working on the game

Stories from the Outbreak: I think that's a title not currently listed on RPGwatch. It's a bit of a Darkest Dungeon Like game, or Dead Age, in a post apocalyptic setting. They recently shared in a development update on the steam forums, that the game will leave early access in about 2 months, which would make it February or March

I'm only familiar with Aledorn and Call of Saregnar and have played demos for both.

The demo for Call of Seregnar was a very early build, but it still seemed promising. I look forward to seeing how far it's come since then. Fans of Betrayal at Krondor should keep an eye on it.

Not sure about Aledorn. I played the demo very recently, but I wasn't impressed. Based on what people are saying about it, I think Archaelund is far more promising as a similar game.

I'm only familiar with Aledorn and Call of Saregnar and have played demos for both.

The demo for Call of Seregnar was a very early build, but it still seemed promising. I look forward to seeing how far it's come since then. Fans of Betrayal at Krondor should keep an eye on it.

Not sure about Aledorn. I played the demo very recently, but I wasn't impressed. Based on what people are saying about it, I think Archaelund is far more promising as a similar game.
Yeah, also played both of them (actually got videos on my channel of that). Aledorn was extremely barebones, while already losing itself in details.

I backed Aledorn on Kickstarter ages ago.

And I'm very much looking forward to Call of Saregnar.

Back
Top Bottom