Divinity: Original Sin - News Roundup

Death knights in the mine are actually a puzzle with indestructible obstacles - find a path where you don't have to sneak with the whole party.
I was happy with that area and IMO it's top notch design. btw, it's not the hardest puzzle in the game.

Just don't. I refused to take the NPC mage with me in the first town as he wanted me to never strike a deal with EA demons. I won't accept a blackmail - if he said you can strike a deal if it's worldwide benefit of no DLC scam…
But I took that warrior lady and during the game you're slowly learning her side story. With 2 lonewolves, you'd never see it.

Well, you can just dump him when you want to strike a deal with a demon? Madora is the more fun of the two though, he's a bit to quasi for my liking. Looking forward to a replay when the new companions arrive! (I haven't finished my current playthrough yet though, this games takes time...50 hours logged and no end in sight yet.)

No no… I ment… Madora, if in party at a certain point (I just got there) adds you this in the journal:
jsbzvq.jpg

If you took lonewolf on both characters, you won't have this quest as you can't have a sidekick with that trait.
But as I said, I honestly dunno if the wizard from the first village has a separate story crowned with a quest like this one, I don't have him in the party. If he does have some quest of his, well… :(

Actually, to me it felt a bit the other way around. The beginning was really easy combat wise, but somewhere around level 10 the fights got alot harder and I had to change my tactics accordingly.
Perhaps you postponed a certain part of the main quest in favour of exploring areas where enemies outleveled you?
But I can imagine the end game is trivial for a well built party. But that is as it should be (IMO).
In my experience the combat got trivial about half-way through the game at the latest though. Mainly because the enemies weren´t quite able to keep up the pace with all the new abilities and damage mitigation possibilities available to my characters and seemed to rely mostly on similar sets of tactics from the first act. I haven´t seen anyone using whirlwind, teleport got used against me just once in the whole game, etc.
I found the whole combat experience to be truly excellent in the first act as it strongly encouraged me to take advantage of environments, interactions between elements and, in general, every trick in the book available to me and most of the encounters felt unique and memorable for it. Later there were only a few encounters which couldn´t be solved by buffed up Madora teleported right into the fray :).
I guess not using a warrior specialized in two handed weapons might result in a different experience in regards to difficulty.

But as I said, I honestly dunno if the wizard from the first village has a separate story crowned with a quest like this one, I don't have him in the party. If he does have some quest of his, well… :(
He has a personal quest too, but as in Madora´s case it doesn´t come with a substantial amount of content.

Back
Top Bottom