Dragon Age - Leliana Update

The cards are exactly it. Their only purpose was to appeal to immature teens. "Wow, look at at the cards for the babes I bagged!"

And, therefore, you dismiss the entire game as "one of the most immature in recent years."

Right, thanks. Glad we got that sorted out.

Of course, The Witcher's card game was much, MUCH more immature than the hot virgin pan-sexual blue alien babes you could bang in Mass Effect, or the codependent-psycho-bitch romances in... oh, Baldur's Gate 2. Right?

Personally I don't recall Bioware ever using this kind of shit marketing before. I have always liked their RPGs/Games for the quality of the stories, though most of their games do lack the same quality of gameplay, imo. ME, without the story, would be pretty bland/average gameplay, so true for JE and KotOR, but in their defense I do see them at least trying to do better, each game seems to have more time spent on gameplay and the graphics are improving.

I just hope they have NOT developed their DA in the vain of this horrid marketing style, it would be a CRIME against high quality game development and of course riccitiello's fault, the guy who date raped Bioware.

Of course, The Witcher's card game was much, MUCH more immature than the hot virgin pan-sexual blue alien babes you could bang in Mass Effect, or the codependent-psycho-bitch romances in… oh, Baldur's Gate 2. Right?

Yes, so were the numerous women who would just jump at you for the smallest reason. The main two romances were a bit better, but there were some awkward moments in those as well.

To me it seems DA will probably be more mature when it comes to romance/sex than Witcher. Blood, well doesn't bother me that much and I wouldn't judge the whole game for it. Same as I won't judge the whole Witcher for juvenile sex/romance parts. The other parts were quite excellent even tho the writing was a bit awkward at times, perhaps some of it was due to bad translation.

So I wouldn't call the Witcher the most juvenile game in recent history, neither would I call DA juvenile. Perhaps the marketing may be at times, but from my impression the game itself won't be. One can also easily skip romance in DA if one wants to, unlike in the Witcher. Quite often one could accidently end up having sex. I was trying to play one woman's man kind of Geralt, proved to be a bit of a challenge.

Last edited:
One can also easily skip romabce in DA if one wants to, unlike in the Witcher. Quite often one could accidently end up having sex. I was trying to play one woman's man kind of Geralt, proved to be a bit of a challenge.

Huh? I thought it was quite obvious when romance was an option in The Witcher, and I certainly never "accidentally" banged any chicks. You usually had to go out of your way to do something for them (gift, quest, etc.) before it even became an option.

Huh? I thought it was quite obvious when romance was an option in The Witcher, and I certainly never "accidentally" banged any chicks. You usually had to go out of your way to do something for them (gift, quest, etc.) before it even became an option.

I remember something like "I like you too." resulting in sex, or something similar. So just for being nice and polite you end up having sex, there at least should have been a "Whoah, I like you and all but I'm not gonna bang you." -option. :lol: It has been a while since I played it, but I don't remember you having to go too much out of your way to having girls throw themselves at Geralt.

People just need to skip the marketing for these games just like I do so that their marketing to get idiots to buy their games doesn't get in the way of enjoying the game. I never pay attention to marketing and will only look at a few screenshots or or ingame videos videos and maybe read up on the game systems. Otherwise I wait till either a demo comes out, trustworthy reviews come out, or I buy the game, (when I know I want it) before I decide if the game is good or not.

And, therefore, you dismiss the entire game as "one of the most immature in recent years."

Right, thanks. Glad we got that sorted out.

Of course, The Witcher's card game was much, MUCH more immature than the hot virgin pan-sexual blue alien babes you could bang in Mass Effect, or the codependent-psycho-bitch romances in… oh, Baldur's Gate 2. Right?

Not sure I would, in turn, dismiss DAO just because of some bad marketing, not when other reviews and details on the game indicate it is more than blood and sex.

I could care less myself about either as long as, in the end, the game is something I enjoy. In fact I am more than happy if some snarky advertising boost sales and gets more people to play. Thats a good thing IMO as it means, if the game is actually good, that they will continue to expand on it and provide more expansions and content.

Seems more to me people just like to complain about every little thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom