Witcher dte is too lazy to play the game!

The Witcher
Dte, knowing your likes with NWN I know you will love this game. Much deeper story, more cause and effect based on your choices, and the battle stuff is really similar. You have to try this, it is not a gothic clone for sure.

For the record everyone: 2W is Two Worlds and TW is The Witcher.

The Lazy typers win this time.

For me, personally:
The Witcher = The Witcher
Two Worlds = Two Worlds

Not a bad system really. :)

For the record everyone: Maylander is not a lazy typist, dte is still too lazy to play the game, and everyone else still cannot understand why. :faq:

I think I've been insulted... ;)

Hee hee :giggle:

My current impression is that Witcher is PS:T with "Mortal Kombat" combat.
If that was the case, I'd instantly buy The Witcher even if it meant buying a new video card. I am, however, afraid it's not, so I'll wait until TW is old enough to be run on my rig* and play the latest MK instead.
I know from all the reviews and voices that The Witcher is exactly my cup of tea. But I'm afraid it might be a trifle too, um, wild for a Wiz8 lover like you, dte.

What a nice new avatar, Jaz. So pleasant to look at. Especially compared to your past selections...

;)

Its an awesome game, and there are three camera modes two of which are for the strategic thinkers and slower paced players. The third is an over the should style action-oriented camera, which hands over movement to the keyboard rather than the mouse.

The story-telling of the game is fantastic, and the moral choices will affect how people in the game see you deeply. As for the protagonist, Geralt is a fun character to play, popular with a lot of ladies too ;). My only gripe is how the game loves to transport you to completely different setting in between certain chapters.

And that some quests from earlier chapters (say chapter 2) get broken if you try to finish them in later ones (as well as a certain quest involving a talking ghoul breaking in its own chapter if you finish one of the main quests of the chapter early).

Overall, its a good game, a few bugs to squish (I'm too lazy to download the patch as my internet is horrible at the moment), lots of hidden things (some side quests you'll never find unless you go out at specific in game times, like in Chapter 1), good story, nice moral choices, strategic combat system, fun alchemy system (brewing 10 or 20 Thunderbolts make a huge difference in combat), nice graphics (except sometimes when talking to people, their faces get slightly pixelated, nothing worrying though), and fun small things (Dice Poker: I think I'll go carve a board and fetch 12 dice, then teach my friends how to play so we can have hours of fun, like I did in TW).

although there are 3 camera modes I usually only use the tactis, sometimes I use the third person view just for enjoying the scenery.

I spend the game pretty much in OTS, when in a fight w/ more than one opponent I switch to the overhead one so I can better plan my attacks.

Back
Top Bottom