Dungeon Siege 3 - PC Demo On Steam

I played the Montbarron guy, so I didn't have to pick targets at range. I am going to replay it now with Anjali, to see how the combat differs.

Though I know from browsing different forums that a lot of people find the combat to be surprisingly challenging for a console game.

_______

Okay, I have played the demo now with Anjali.
She is definitely easier to play because of her AOE heal, which doesn't consume a focus "circle". But you still have to pick off ranged fighters first and use crowd control skills on the melee enemies if you are playing on hardcore.

Ranged combat is a mess, though.

Think we had a bit of a miscommunication anyway, as I was playing on a PC. Glad you're finding something to like about it, though.

You mean Mass Effect 2 is a great RPG because it's a great game overall? I think you are completely off the mark. A game can be great but be a poor RPG.

No, that's not what I said actually, although I can understand how it could be misread that way. I'm not worried about how a game is perceived within its genre, as long as I'm enjoying it.

I'm late to the party here but here is my 2 cents:
- the console-fication makes the inventory system painfully annoying
- Combat is pretty fun
- i like the health system, adds some challenge
- better than that turd DS2

Well, I've played the demo now, too ...

Points of criticism (both positive & negative) are :

- I found the setting and the controls "okay-ish"

- this area doesn't look t all like I remember Ehb from DS1 - played only the demo of DS II ...

- the keyboard mapping is truly AWFUL - compared that in MOST games you access the inventory just by pressing on the "i" key ...

- from a shooper point of view, however, the "c" key is kind of convenient, since it is not too far away from WASD ...

- I just HATE this inventory etc. screen ! it screams "console !!!!!!!!" far too loud for
my taste ... plus it reminds me of Jade Empire ...

- the camera is just too near to the ground for my personal taste - even zooming out doesn't help too much ... - it just reminds me of King's Bounty ...

- I just LOVE the concept of the (how I call her) "fire elemental" ... She reminds me very much of my own concepts of Elementals ... Only, that MY concepts include so weird Elementals as Elementals Of Life, Elementals Of Love etc. ... ;) - I just wish she had been my creation, I just love this concept (not the character as such) ! - What about towns, or even countries where nothing but Elementals Of Fire live ? How would these towns look like ? What would they trade ? What would they wear as armor, clothes - and what would they eat ? - Although - Elementals of my own concepts don't need to eart. Anything. They are ... like Avatars ... The pure impersonation of an element ...

That's my thoughts for now.
And yes, I've already de-installed it.

By the way - has this silly "dialogue-wheel" REALLY become the norm nowadays ????? O_O

Been away so not in the conversation… end point for me though is that "Xbox 360 Controller" should be listed in the requirements on the back of the box.

Textures look fine with AF forced on it. Gameplay is fun I think, but I like action RPGs. Obsidian writing and steampunk setting means insta-buy no matter what anyway.

Played a bit more... what a strange game balance. I hit this boss battle in a cave and I don't see how I'm supposed to survive it. I was taking damage so fast I couldn't even get to my powerups/heal up before hitting the ground. I got frustrated and quit to check the boards and then remembered there is no saving. I'm not replaying it all!

It was much better than I was expecting to be honest. The graphics are very good - perfect for the style of game. It's very smooth, the animations and character design/models are great - something I didn't expect from an obsidian game. The gameplay and camera is okay, just needs a little tweaking and it could be very enjoyable, but it's a little way off at the moment, largely due to control.

Played a bit more… what a strange game balance. I hit this boss battle in a cave and I don't see how I'm supposed to survive it. I was taking damage so fast I couldn't even get to my powerups/heal up before hitting the ground. I got frustrated and quit to check the boards and then remembered there is no saving. I'm not replaying it all!

In easy mode (at least in this demo) one could be "revived".
Simply by pressing on the "continue" button in the upcoming menu.

After that an companion could revive the "fallen" character again - if the companion survives, that is.

Couldn't take the camera , inventory or controls.

Camera made me feel like my character was running around with her head down the whole time.

Inventory was to consolized.

Controls obviously made for a controller, not keyboard and mouse. I suppose I could hook up a controller and turn my $4,000 computer in to a $300 xbox. I guess i'll have little choice when windows 8 comes out with xbox live integration.

Why do I waste my time and money on a dying hobby?>:O

Santos said:
Think we had a bit of a miscommunication anyway, as I was playing on a PC. Glad you're finding something to like about it, though.

I like your sleazy implications while simultaneously claiming not to be insulting or taunting. Nowhere did I state that I played on the consoles, since I am in fact playing it on the PC.

Back
Top Bottom