Fallout 4 Early impressions...

I really dislike how raising Intelligence also increases how much XP you gain. There are several perks I want that require me to boost my Int, but I already feel like I'm leveling up too fast.

This despite having a mod that cuts quest XP by 1/2.
Will you please put norespawn mod instead? Or something like that.
Also ignore calls for help from your settlements (defense, kidnaping, raiders) just do settling another spot missions.

And it's not just intelligence. Romance then sleeping in an area with romantic interest boosts XP gain and some food too.

But all of it is irrelevant since you'll get more XP on grinding respawns than from xp bonus boosts (basically pathetic) 1-2%.

Is it just me or is VATS inconsistent in showing the correct amount of damage before you take a shot? Is it showing the damage before defense modifiers are calculated?

It's also very frustrating when your shots are completely blocked by a nearby wall or other obstruction despite VATS showing a 95% hit chance.

It's even more frustrating when you try to throw a molotov cocktail and it blows up in your face because of said obstructions. :)

the numbers change quickly so if you want the 95% you saw, you need to fire the second you see that number. Otherwise, it might be 0% if you wait and they get cover. It's not a perfect system for sure, but it beats the other Bethesda Fallouts.

Is it just me or is VATS inconsistent in showing the correct amount of damage before you take a shot? Is it showing the damage before defense modifiers are calculated?

It's also very frustrating when your shots are completely blocked by a nearby wall or other obstruction despite VATS showing a 95% hit chance.

It's even more frustrating when you try to throw a molotov cocktail and it blows up in your face because of said obstructions. :)

I haven't seen any inconsistency in terms of damage - though there are factors including stealth and certain weapon modifiers that depend on conditions.

For instance, sneak attack will (obviously) deal more damage - but only if they don't spot you before you fire. The Caution warning is NOT consistent - despite the in-game manual claim to the contrary. Often, when I expect to sneak attack - they've actually spotted me and my damage is much lower than it would have been.

Contrary to VATS in FO3, it's no longer a complete timestop - but a slow mode. So, when you have a 95% hit chance - it's only at that moment, and if the enemy is near cover or moving away - it will often change.

It has taken some getting used to, but I kinda like it - even though I'd prefer not to use it, as I think it's somewhat counter to immersion.

But at least it doesn't feel like cheating quite as much as FO3 did.

I feel the need to congratulate Bethesda for FINALLY getting rid of one of my pet peeves about their games.

After many, many years - rain drops are, at long last, blocked by roofs! Even better, if you stand beneath a roof - the rain will actually come through only where there are holes in it!

I'm pretty sure the Yao guai would qualify ;)

Maybe I should take a look at the respawn modifiers and disable it specifically for them, and release it on Nexus as "the joxer mod"!

Back
Top Bottom