Fallout 76 - Review @ Gamespew

I just can't imagine how we can have a game like The Witcher 3 already being a few years old-- and then games like this.

And you think THIS is bad… Wait until Anthem hits.

Ech, Anthem seems a bit safe-by-the-numbers AAA, but still a lot of fun and very technically impressive.

Yeah, but the dislike and overall reaction this Fallout wannabe received should keep us free and clear of anyone trying to duplicate this mess for years. See, I found a positive out of all this! People just tend to avoid trying to replicate a disaster, at least from what I've seen.

Interesting new article up on Forbes: "After A Historically Bad Launch, Is 'Fallout 76' Worth Saving?"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...rically-bad-launch-is-fallout-76-worth-saving
Fallout 76 may be the highest profile release with the lowest review scores I can remember seeing in at least a decade, or really since metascores became a thing. It’s Bethesda’s lowest rated game by a huge margin, it’s scoring worse than No Man’s Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda, vanilla Destiny and all those other big titles that were high profile critical disappointments at launch. It’s hovering around Duke Nukem Forever territory in terms of its scores, and the only “bigger” game I can see that has scored lower might be the barely functional Aliens: Colonial Marines in 2013.
It's so hard to avoid rubbernecking while this disaster plays out…

About Anthem… I don't see how it could possibly be as much of a disaster as Fallout 76, it looks pretty well fleshed out etc in gameplay demos, and BioWare has always been far more technically competent than Bethesda. But if it somehow is, BioWare gets shut down right?

Well I for one love FO4 (one of my top games along with Baldurs Gate, NWN, Skyrim and DAO) and would love to have more games like it but FO76 isn't it. My only hope is they will learn a lesson from this game (probably not but one can hope) and they will move in a better direction for upcoming titles.

It’s actually $35 on Amazon now, mentioned earlier.

Score: 2/10
Finally! A reviewer I completely agree with. Without even playing 1 second of this mess. The videos were enough. Especially after seeing the horrific sacrilege of the Holy Fallout 1-2 with those most lame 3D copycat attempts.

Betsy should've used this as game's cover art:

maxresdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom