Football thread

Nod, I grew up as a lad watching how this man and his mates played the stellar game known as football. We'll not see his like again, RIP, a true legend has left us all.

And just to say, not football yet NFL, I'm so pleased to see the forty-niners turf the Cowgirls yet again! If memory serves, I believe this exact scenario happened just the last year. No Cowgirls, Bolts, or Cheatriots left on the field, that alone is ample cause for celebration!!

And just to say, not football yet NFL, I'm so pleased to see the forty-niners turf the Cowgirls yet again! If memory serves, I believe this exact scenario happened just the last year. No Cowgirls, Bolts, or Cheatriots left on the field, that alone is ample cause for celebration!!
Who dislikes the Bolts? I'm 53 and this is the first time anyone has ever said something bad about the Chargers. No one ever even talks about them. My beloved Chargers :)

I figured you'd be more excited about those Bengals.
Been a Chargers fan since Dan Fouts. Man they were fun to watch back in the day. I hate the Bengals because the Chargers were robbed of a Super Bowl in 1982. Playing in -58 windchill. That's right, I'm a petty petty man :)

Eh? Chargers are good stuff! They beat the Raiders fairly often, which automatically makes them good guys.

In general I'm not particularly concerned about off topic posts. Quite often I contribute to derailing thread, no doubt in some watcher's eyes too often.

But I have to say: THERE ARE OFF TOPICS THAT EVEN TO ME IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!

pibbuR who realises that he may be accused of off-topicism by posting this.

PS. Saw this on a t-shirt somewhere in the US.
I support two teams (in a weird sport I don't remember):
"some-team-whose-name-Ii-don't-remember". And any team who beats "another-team-whose-name-Ii-don't-remember".

DS

PPS. Oops, I did it again. So... DS.

PPPS. This one could/should be translated to premier leaguish real football in Norway, and it's not even a joke:
I support two football teams: "Brann" (Bergen). And any team who beats "Vålerengen" ( Oslo).
DS.

Last edited:
Some of the current Euro-qualifying games have been well worth watching, the two that have captured my attention to date have been Ireland vs France and Scotland vs Spain.

That was truly an ugly display last night during the Concacaf match between Mexico and the US. I certainly hope to not see any more of that kind of behaviour in the final bout this Sunday, which is also Father's Day.

Thought I'd bump this thread rather than creating a new one. Anyone else currently watching the FA cup? There have been some fun match-ups so far, I believe we're up to round five as of today.

I'm a big Liverpool fan so this is a big weekend coming up. But I'm sad this is Klopp's last season. 😭

Back
Top Bottom