Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a problem keeping the forums in the dark format--just started yesterday--every time I switch a screen it reverts to the light background and I have to switch back manually. Is it just me or is anybody else experiencing this?

Must be my new drivers.

Check your ad blockers. I had a similar problem and had to stipulate this was a safe site, since Light is the default setting.

Thanks for the tips--I've tried these and a few other things but I guess I'm going to have to come to terms with the Light Side of the Force. :) I'm going to dump my temporary Internet files tonight and see if that helps.

Are you running FF with the No Scripts extension?

No just the generic Yahoo browser( IE w/their goodies) By FF I take it you mean Firefox? Is that an alternative browser?

Last edited:
Firefox, is the ONLY browser!! Opera would be my next alternative, while IE has been deleted from my system as the virus it is!! :)

Opera is more comfortable out of the box. Firefox needs a couple of add-ons to reach the same level of functionality, which is not really a problem because they only have to be installed one time. FF is a bit more compatible, Opera a bit faster and a bit more elegant.
Both are clearly better than IE and much, much safer.
Just use each of them for a day and make a decision. It´s just a matter of taste.

There are many things I dislike about my current IE clone--I learned Internet on Netscape Navigator, which I preferred, but as I am lazy, I just use what comes with my system. But this is not the first little pain in the rear I've had with IE.

So, are these browsers(FF and Opera) you buy at the software store, or are they a downloadable thing?

Thanks Cormac. I'll check it out. Appreciate all the attempts on everyone's part to lead me from my clueless state into the light of knowledge. :)

Last edited:
Both are free. Links: Opera and Firefox.

Please note that both browsers need to configured once to find a good compromise between safety and comfort. Especially cookies (-> small files for tracking user behaviour) should be set to something like "ask about every single cookie". Your default answer to the question should be "refuse + remember what I decided about this site". Only say yes if you have a user account (like RPGWatch) or want to use an online shop.

Just wanted to thank everybody for the links and advice... I've been alternating between the two for the last few days and it's really hard to pick--they're both a much better browsing environment than IE and I'm sure I'll be able to make up my mind eventually. Thanks again for the help.

BTW, neither browser has any trouble displaying the dark skin, so who knows what was the deal with IE. :)

Tiny little update. There's a new tag, abbr.

Example:

[ abbr="Neverwinter Nights" ]NWN[ /abbr ]

would become NWN. (Hover the mouse cursor over NWN to see what it stands for.)

I consider myself well versed in RPG terminology but I do sometimes see abbreviations I've never heard of before. So you could use this tag in those situations when you know that not everybody knows what an abbreviation means.

TYVM! ;)

I think people should STFI if they don´t know what an abbreviation stands for!:gorath:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom