Game Of Thrones - An RPG would never work

I like the low-magic world of GoT. I could imagine a game a bit like Kingdom Come, but with a bit of the mystical to spice things up.

I don't really see the writer's point. I mean, if you make a very narrative-heavy game, then that obviously has implications for the design. But I don't see any reason why a Westeros-based game has to be as thick with intrigue as the original story.

If you have no talent and no imagination and automatically assume scenes of poliitical manuevring have to be cutscenes, then yeah, it would never work.

The article seems somewhat uninformed as a Game of Thrones RPG already exists. Released by Focus/Cyanide in 2012. The game wasn't the best reviewed but for a AA title it wasn't too bad and, despite not being canon, the story was quite strong and captured the atmosphere of GoT. The Journo needs to do his research next time!!

Farflame… No offense, but this guy's writing sucks. :)

Yes, he seems to have rigid idea how GoT game should or could look like. That is nonsense, of course, as GoT world is big enough and you have a lot of freedom to choose a (side) story, characters and location you like… or it can be strategy game etc.

But even very flawed articles can lead to interesting discussions, right? :)

I believe that's the essence of clickbait, yes...

Back
Top Bottom