Fallout 4 Game stuck in taskbar

Regarding crashes, I seem to remember that disabling decals, possibly also weapon debris may fix the problem. And that it has something to do with nvidia drivers. I used to have crashes - not anymore.

Regarding crashes, I seem to remember that disabling decals, possibly also weapon debris may fix the problem. And that it has something to do with nvidia drivers. I used to have crashes - not anymore.

Weapon debris doesn't work with certain nvidia cards/drivers and has to be disabled or causes crashes.

Been playing the game since release day and over 4000 hours. Never had any of the problems described here. Sure a random crash now and then but thats it. Thats been playing it over 3 different computers and two different operating systems and different installs, and with a variety of mods. Been very stable for me thankfully.

Yes, I’m getting some of that. New install on new computer, NO mods, display options don’t affec t. Re verified, no fix. Currently thinking of deleting. And no, please don’t suggest mod ‘x’ or mod ‘y’. My mod experience has made things worse so don’t waste your typing trying convince me.

@Hurls Do you have a Radeon card by chance? I wonder if this is an AMD thing.
I have a Radeon 6750xt. I don't have any problems at all with my FO4. Before, I was using a 2060 Super -that also had no problems. I only ever had one problem, and that was the known problem with using a 144 Hz monitor. Had to use a Nexus mod to slow things down (super fast movement etc.) and use VSync.
I would just say though, that I'm using Win 10. If you are using Win11, have you checked your taskbar settings -to see if there are any setting which could have some strange effect such as you say? And is it only FO4 that's giving the problem -no other games?

Last edited:
It's hilarious for every person who has CTDs or other problems there are others who claim they have no problem. I dread playing Starfield and getting the same experience.

Online is no help for solutions, as it's always it's mods, or you broke the game somehow idiot. Bethesda has never acknowledged or addressed this problem either for years.

I have a Radeon 6750xt. I don't have any problems at all with my FO4. Before, I was using a 2060 Super -that also had no problems. I only ever had one problem, and that was the known problem with using a 144 Hz monitor. Had to use a Nexus mod to slow things down (super fast movement etc.) and use VSync.
When I turned off VSync via the ini file to see what would happen, I was getting 200+ fps, and the game looked like an episode of The Benny Hill Show. Seeing as how it has issues when you exceed a certain framerate, it's surprising that there's no in-game setting to cap the fps.

I would just say though, that I'm using Win 10. If you are using Win11, have you checked your taskbar settings -to see if there are any setting which could have some strange effect such as you say? And is it only FO4 that's giving the problem -no other games?
Nope, no issues with any other games.

Back
Top Bottom