GameSpot - Last of Us Wins People's Choice

Didn't like it much at all, it's indeed very much an ""interactive"" movie. I wish these designers (and the players who are tricked into thinking they're actually playing something) would realise what they really need is something called "a movie".

A movie (even if animated) is just a FAR better medium if you want to tell a story and if you have some nice characters (which i will agree that this game have). But nooo, let's make it a "game" because it's more hip + people will have to spend more $$$ to watch it.

It's all about the $, and if interactive movies worked for Mass Effect...

Ok, finished Last of Us. Even though I'm not into shooters at all, the story and characters in this game just rock. I even only had to lower difficulty from Normal to Easy in one battle :) Definitely recommended.

Now as for that fight…
The fight was one in which you turn on a generator (the first one in the game I think), and when you do, down come like 6 runners plus a bloater, and you don't have access to the flamethrower at that point. I tried the fight like 15 times and never came close. When I lowered the difficulty, it didn't spawn the bloater which made all the difference. How are you supposed to beat that fight in normal?
About the fight..
Before I started the generator I scouted out the route to the exist and gathered everything. Once generator was on I ran towards the exit. I manage to avoid all monsters. When I was opening the door one grapped me from behind but I managed to crush its head. I quickly exited the door and closed it. It was tense but I had to repeate it only three times.

But the point is you dont have to kill them. You can run past them.

You could call it interactive movie but Id say its more comparable to adventure games like tell tales walking dead except with extra rpg elements (light). If you take walking dead characters/story/immersion and mix it with heavy rain and some rpg/fps elements i think you get this game.

About the fight..
Before I started the generator I scouted out the route to the exist and gathered everything. Once generator was on I ran towards the exit. I manage to avoid all monsters. When I was opening the door one grapped me from behind but I managed to crush its head. I quickly exited the door and closed it. It was tense but I had to repeate it only three times.

But the point is you dont have to kill them. You can run past them.
Hmm… didn't think of doing that, guess my mind is too immersed in the 'if it moves it has to die' mode.
oh, and ...
I hadn't found the card to open the door, so I thought it would drop from the big dude, I had missed that room otherwise I probably would have done that

Back
Top Bottom