Garden Life - purpleblob's dream garden simulator

You really like this type of games ? Winkeltje, Skyrim Grand Designs, ... :)

I am very unlike you, but it's impressive so many of these types of games exist, where you simply just put together a little building basically

You really like this type of games ? Winkeltje, Skyrim Grand Designs, ... :)

I am very unlike you, but it's impressive so many of these types of games exist, where you simply just put together a little building basically
Yep, I love designing/creating something pretty. I can't do this in real life because its expensive and much more time consuming so I go crazy with games like this :)

This was 40 hours of work! Its done for now while I wait for the devs to increase the plant limit but I know I will be back at it again sooner or later ;)

Excellent!!
I have neither the eye, patience or skill to design/complete something artistic. I can recognise and admire something good, but best I leave creativity to those who can (in both real life and games)

Thank you both :) I love taking screenshots and sharing them with people so glad to hear some people find it enjoyable to see.

I already have rest of the garden planned out in my head, just need item counts to go up to finish it!

Looks beautiful. :)

Reminds me of how much work I had put into my SWTOR "housing" ...

Entering a screenshot competition. Which of the three do you guys like more?

Flower arrangement:
Flower arrangement.jpg

Rose Gazebo
Rose Gazebo2.jpg

Garden view
Rose Gazebo5.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I love designing/creating something pretty. I can't do this in real life because its expensive and much more time consuming so I go crazy with games like this ;)
Awwww, cmon... You can do a lot with little. What does your real home look like?

Stop wasting time with this fake crap and go hit up Bunnings and some Op shops and post some real pics!

Stop wasting time with this fake crap and go hit up Bunnings and some Op shops and post some real pics!
Heh. I think I'm guilty of the same sin as a gamer. For example, I was thrilled by the news of KCD 2, where I'll be able to enjoy exploring the vast nature environment, and all I have to do for that is get through the front door and take a walk outside. :D

Pththth. What does making your stuff in real life give you? A sense of accomplishment. What does making your stuff in a game give you? A sense of accomplishment AND possibly and achievement! The winner is clear. ;)

P.S. Interesting! I like the middle one in thumbnail form, but I like the last one best full screen. For whatever reason, the pink weeping willow thing works much better in full screen for me.

Heh. I think I'm guilty of the same sin as a gamer. For example, I was thrilled by the news of KCD 2, where I'll be able to enjoy exploring the vast nature environment, and all I have to do for that is get through the front door and take a walk outside. :D
I actually go hiking in the bush and have thought about getting a go-pro camera or something and filming a "boring" hike and posting a link here simply because it would be such a nice RPG landscape.

Maybe I should take a sword and shield with me to make it look like an FPS game!

There's even an area I call the Dragon Nests where some kids, I assume, have made giant nests from fallen branches. There's a few little Gnome houses where someones put a tiny door at the base of a tree and made it look like a little home.

I actually go hiking in the bush and have thought about getting a go-pro camera or something and filming a "boring" hike and posting a link here simply because it would be such a nice RPG landscape.
It must be nice to have endless landscapes where you can do that. Here, it's hard to walk 500 m in any direction without hitting traffic. I don't think I ever found a spot where you couldn't hear it during the day.

Maybe I should take a sword and shield with me to make it look like an FPS game!
Now you're talking! :)

EDIT: Hum, sorry for going OOT.

It was like that for me too but when I heard there was going to be a fake pandemic I decided to sell up and move into the country but I sort of chickened out and just moved to the edge of civilization. :) Plenty of nature in one direction but all suburbs in the other. :)

Back
Top Bottom